PDA

View Full Version : Telly/Addy Awards

gaushell
02-27-2006, 01:05 AM
Fellow Arch Viz Lightwavers and Lightwavers in general:

Wanted to let you know that using Lightwave, Paradigm Productions just won 3 Telly Awards and 1 Addy award (all three entered won Tellys and 1 of the same three won Addys - goofy ad people). Addy now goes onto regionals. Tellys are already national awards.

Schermerhorn Symphony Center - Meet Your Seats
Signature Tower - Teaser Video
Santa Teresa - Verde Realty

jeremyhardin
02-27-2006, 02:24 PM
Congrats Charles! Hard-earned awards, no doubt.

Any links to the projects in question online?

gaushell
02-27-2006, 02:35 PM
Thanks! Everyone involved here did a great job.

Sure, here are the links

Signature Tower
http://www.2dimes.com/client_area/signaturetower/sign-hi.wmv

Schermerhorn Symphony
http://www.2dimes.com/gallery/images/zclients/nashsym/meetseats2-1.wmv

Santa Teresa
No link available - client wants limited distribution of video. Go figure.

Carm3D
02-28-2006, 12:08 AM
Wow nice work.. You must have alot of memory!

jeremyhardin
02-28-2006, 12:11 AM
indeed. lot's of polys there.

how big was the crew working on them (if I may ask)?

proton
02-28-2006, 01:22 AM
Congrats! This is great news!

gaushell
02-28-2006, 02:07 AM
Thanks!

Yes, we have lots of memory - a render farm which is too small, but not bad - about 40 processors right now - growing though.

As far as team:
Signature it was just Jason Lee and I - we actually created everything in a few weeks. Rendered in fprime. Ella Ip, our graphic designer handled the initial editing.

Symphony - Jason and I handled the bulk of the project, though we had some modeling help from three others in our office. Ella handled the editing on this as well.

Santa Teresa was led by my partner, Scott Carter. He had help from Jason, Lidia, Michal and Ella. I handled just one opening sequence.

We typically work in teams. There are nine of us total full time in Memphis. We contract modelers every now and then, but for very limited tasks.

We stay busy and have a lot of fun!

otacon
02-28-2006, 04:39 AM
Thanks for the comments! Yes these projects were a lot of fun, and they each had their own set of challenges. The signature tower video was rendered completely in fprime, as well as the opening exterior shot of the symphony center, the rest of that video is lightwave. We used hd instance for the seats, that kept the poly count below the million mark.

jeremyhardin
02-28-2006, 04:52 AM
paradigms first telly and addy?

monovich
02-28-2006, 06:30 AM
congrats. nice work 'yall.

-sf

mav3rick
02-28-2006, 11:22 AM
congrat
fprime farming was quiet of job for a farmer guy:) how he handled all those animals?:)

gaushell
02-28-2006, 12:38 PM
paradigms first telly and addy?

First time we entered the Addys. Only submitted three this time as a test (plus you have to pay for each submittal).

Second time on the Telly - last year we entered three and won 1. This time entered three and all three won.

It gets expensive and time consuming to put eveything together for these. But it is nice to see our team get recognition for their hard work.

gaushell
02-28-2006, 12:41 PM
Jason - did I leave anyone off of the list for those?

We need a better people option. I guess we are going to have to invest in shooting our own "moving people" soon.

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 12:41 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.