PDA

View Full Version : hepl plz! check buttons @ user data...

georgedrakakis
02-26-2006, 10:39 PM
hello everybody!!
i have a problem with 3 check buttons (bool data) i added at user data.
i want them to act as a group that only one of them is active. i tried to do that with xpresso, but the best i got is to double-click the check button to be active (instead of the previous checked button). did i (obviously) missed something? or this is something that can be done only with coding?
tnx in advance!!

tcastudios
02-26-2006, 10:56 PM
Depending on what you actually want to happen when pressing thoose buttons, I'd say it would be easier (with xpresso) to use a Integer switch instead, going from 1 to 3.

Cheers
Lennart

georgedrakakis
02-26-2006, 11:28 PM
tnx a lot for the quick reply Lennart!
never thought of using an integer to control my check buttons! i thought that bool functions would do the job.
i gonna try this right now!

georgedrakakis
02-27-2006, 12:28 AM
hi Lennart!
i did try it, but it didn't work tha way i expected.
i want the 3 check buttons to control the same thing but with different (preset) values.
in my case the check buttons named "floor", "wall" & "ceiling" control the values of the diffusion channel of a material, depending on the position (floor, wall, etc.) in the scene.
so first i want to make sure that there is only one unique button checked everytime, and not a combination of them.

georgedrakakis
02-27-2006, 12:29 AM
hi Lennart!
i did try it, but it didn't work tha way i expected.
i want the 3 check buttons to control the same thing but with different (preset) values.
in my case the check buttons named "floor", "wall" & "ceiling" control the values of the diffusion channel of a material, depending on the position (floor, wall, etc.) in the scene.
so first i want to make sure that there is only one unique button checked everytime, and not a combination of them.
cheers
George

Srek
02-27-2006, 06:34 AM
The Integer idea ist your best bet. Create the user data as integer with the range limited to your needs. Then connect the output to a condition node to select one of several values.
As can be seen in the UB Version of CINEMA 4D in a future update it will be possible to use drop down lists as Userdata fields, internaly they are also integer fields.
Cheers
Björn

georgedrakakis
02-27-2006, 08:01 PM
tnx guys!
you have been very helpful!
i'll give it a shot!
btw, i'm in a middle of a xpresso-look-like plugin that so far has given good results, using the same gi settings and no tricks, just "real-life"sources" (-->sun!) both on exterior-interior scenes.
materials are categorized as "floor", "wall", "ceiling" mats and their gi generate/receive strengh is set accordingly.
my goal is to achieve "photometric" kind of lights in c4d, using Terrabrush.
and my recent tests are quite promising.
if anyone is interested, let me know.

tcastudios
02-27-2006, 08:37 PM
Of course we are interested :) Anything that makes things easier/faster/better is always welcome.

Cheers
Lennart

PS As Srek said, using the Cinema UB version you can make those integer dropdown userdata. They transfer fine down to R9.102 in my experience. Plus re-order any faders as well. DS

georgedrakakis
02-27-2006, 09:20 PM
hey m8,
i'll post my wip in a short time.
right now i'm gonna check out "Cinema UB version".
to be honest, i never heard of it.
cheers
George

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 09:20 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.