PDA

View Full Version : how do I make skin with photoshop

erwin1978
12-13-2002, 05:16 AM
I'm gonna make a skin for my head. I've got some reference pictures of faces. Is there a tool in photoshop that will make it easier to manipulate the pictures so they align with the uv coordinates?; tools like Kai's power goo?

If not, how can I make my job simple. What tools will should I be using?

Ian Jones
12-13-2002, 06:26 AM
try www.morpheussoftware.net

I downloaded a full version a while ago, but he has gone business styel now so you'll have to download the trial. Should be fine though.

Basically it is morphing software. You can define some points and move them around, it uses triangles, much like 3d faces are usually 3 sided. this shuld be great for UV mapping, cos if you unwrapped your uv and saved a pic with texporter you can probably match up the triangles with points in your photo and morph them into the right place!

Give it a try. I hadn't even thought of using this software for that purpose yet, but you've opened my eyes to a few possibilites now... hmmm. thanks! :bounce:

sic6six
12-15-2002, 05:20 AM
the question here is did he use a 3d model for the face????

Ian Jones
12-16-2002, 01:51 AM
He talks about UV coords, that should suggest he is talking about 3d.

also try this program I just discovered. It looks better than the last one.

http://www.debugmode.com/winmorph/

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.