PDA

View Full Version : Lighting Challenge #2: floze

floze
02-26-2006, 06:01 PM
Script #3 attempt.

I finally had a day off yesterday and could complete some stuff for the challenge. I hope you enjoy it:

http://individual.floze.de/fileadmin/files/cgtalk/kitchen_floze.jpg

Thanks for your attention.

francescaluce
02-26-2006, 08:03 PM
very nice :)
soft mood.

ciao
francesca

Sciortino
02-27-2006, 04:25 AM
Floze,
Love your textures (like the wood in the ceiling) and the lighting. Very nice mood (although I don't remember off-hand what script #3 is). It's all so nice that maybe the fan looks a little thick and a little shiny in comparison?
-Paul

LOOK_AT_ME
02-27-2006, 06:38 AM
woop woop weep weep way to go nice one man!!!

floze
02-27-2006, 10:05 AM
Thanks for the comments. :)

Sciortino: Script #3 is the guy jumping through dimensions:
At the top of the stairs, BUCK stabilizes himself against
a doorframe and scans his surroundings. He is in a KITCHEN -
LATE TWENTIETH CENTURY - and mercifully free of Centaurs.
He sees A WINDOW. Escape! BUCK crouches, ready to dive
through the glass for another trans-dimensional leap.
Though I hate explaining/interpreting (specially my own) pictures: I generally tried to visualize the situation by the contrast of an idyllic scene and a strange off-world perspective.

About the fan: I didnt model the scene! ;)

jeremybirn
02-28-2006, 09:46 PM
Good work, it's a nice, solid scene.

I admit that I can't really see that contrast, the window just looks like a nice view to me. Then again, it's not as if every shot in a sci-fi film has to look like sci-fi. Often, within some scenario, there are more ordinary looking scenes, so choosing something subtle doesn't mean it isn't working.

You could sell the sci-fi aspect of the story more if you made something a little more off or unusual about the window, if that's what you want to do. The fan looks like something out of "i, robot" or something sci-fi already.

-jeremy

floze
02-28-2006, 10:43 PM
Good work, it's a nice, solid scene.

I admit that I can't really see that contrast, the window just looks like a nice view to me. Then again, it's not as if every shot in a sci-fi film has to look like sci-fi. Often, within some scenario, there are more ordinary looking scenes, so choosing something subtle doesn't mean it isn't working.

You could sell the sci-fi aspect of the story more if you made something a little more off or unusual about the window, if that's what you want to do. The fan looks like something out of "i, robot" or something sci-fi already.

-jeremy
Thanks for the critique. Yeah, I've been trying a while with the sci-fi look you mention, but then I decided to use the nature scene (btw. it's a painting of Caspar David Friedrich as you probably noticed).
I mean, who knows, maybe the hero will jump into a prehistoric world? To be honest, I actually didnt see the hero in a sci-fi world, more in a fantasy one. Like Terry Pratchett's book character Rincewind travelling unintentionally through some strange dimensions.. maybe I could set up a dungeon dimension leap...! ;)

But anyhow. I understood your wordplay way too late (Buck), because unfortunately Buck Rogers wasnt my time - I've been born too late. :D

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 10:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.