PDA

View Full Version : how can i export materials from zvrash to maya

samoel
02-26-2006, 03:03 PM
hi all
i have problem with material i mean i can import model from maya to zbrash and export model with textuer to maya but i cant import material to maya . please tell me if you know and can i get render in zbrush i mean when my model will be ready i must export to maya again or i can render this model with high quality in zbrush ? im waiting for your answer

eblondin
02-26-2006, 07:58 PM
You cannot export materials from zbrush to anything. Including maya

you can however collapse your texture down to the canvas with your material on it. by selecting the material you want. And hitting ctrl+f. this fills your canvas with your texture and material. Set rendering to best mode and then grab the doc under texture. You can then export your texture with your material baked into it.

This is the best way to get your material info out of zbrush. of course it is now no longer a material it is baked into your texture so its not quite as cool, but you can usually fake the rest in your other app.

samoel
02-26-2006, 09:23 PM
many thx for your answer
and can i ask another qouestion ?
when i export model in zbrash my file is so small ! after add details to my model when i want to export to maya my model will be very big i know for what but do you know what should i do for this .

Best regards :)

eblondin
02-26-2006, 10:42 PM
you should create a displacement map inside of zbrush from your low rez to your high rez mesh and then export your low rez mesh and the displacement map to maya and then use the displacement map you made in zbrush to make your low rez mesh look like your high rez in maya.

samoel
02-26-2006, 11:45 PM
you are best dude .thx a lot :cool:

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2006, 11:45 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.