PDA

View Full Version : FastCG Community

Erikoinen
02-26-2006, 03:58 PM
Hello everyone, and thanks for reading my thread.

Related to Daily Sketching, we have started a new site which is only about FastCG,
you can check out the site at http://fastcg.hapate.com.

When ever there is an event, you have 1-3 hours time to do your final image about the subject that has been decided. Then the admins will then start the voting. Then everyone has the chance to vote three pics which are the best (by points, 3p, 2p and 1p).

This is an excellent way of practicing your speed at 2d and 3d. We have different kind of rules for 2d and 3d, you can read them at the website.

If you are interested, please join our irc-channel at #fastCG @ IRCNet. There we usually do the starting for the events and decide on the subject etc.

I hope this doesn't offense any of the CGtalk rules or anything. :)

Cheers, and welcome!

Bear-DK
02-26-2006, 04:51 PM
Well this is maybe a little of topic, but can you tell me, wich font (the pixel one) is used att the USERNAME and PASSWORD forms?

Hope i get time for the contests ;)

Erikoinen
02-26-2006, 04:55 PM
Haha, well, the font is some pixelation or something, you can find cool pixelfonts at www.dafont.com, but I was hoping something more than font sharing in this thread. :)

paperclip
02-26-2006, 05:07 PM
I just joined! So far the member list looks like finnplace....but I'm gonna change all that!

One thing I would add is to make the events more regular, right now they seem like they could just start any minute...

Erikoinen
02-26-2006, 05:15 PM
Hmm. You're right. If we have only by-the-minute events nobody who doesn't IRC couldn't join.. That's true. Maybe.. hmm.

The regular events are:
2d AND 3d event (1h), Wednesday 21:00 (GMT +2)
2d event (2h), Saturday 21:00 (GMT +2)
3d event (2h), Sunday 21:00 (GMT +2)

I'll put them on the frontpage of FastCG website tomorrow (or today).
How does that sound?

And if there's no participants on those regular times, we just delete the events. :)

Thanks paperclip, and welcome. :)

Erikoinen
02-27-2006, 12:06 PM
This thread would've been more successful if it were left to where I posted it, Daily Sketch sub-forum.. But it's okay. It's just that people who search for news aren't thinking this so much as a news. :P

Erikoinen
03-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Hello again!

We're having a one-day-competition here: http://fastcg.hapate.com/index.php?p=3
Subject is "Flowers of the Forest" (keeping it simple for now).

You have one day to do a image of the subject.

You may only use 2d softwares, so no 3d this time. You may do a full finalized picture or maybe just a sketch or whatever you wish. Remember, you may only use photos as REFERENCE pictures!

The event ends at thursday 21:00 (GMT+2).

I wish some of you would join 'cause I want some foreign power to lift the FastCG community up. Now it's pretty much only a Finnish place. :)

Anyway, I welcome to join, have fun!

Erikoinen
04-02-2006, 09:31 PM
Hello again you idlers! :)

We have now a built-in comment system AND a new event-style called FREESTYLE.
This is a bit like CGtalk's Daily Sketch sub-forum, but going "live" all day long. :)

Freestyle is about sketching freely about the subject.
The voting there is done by star-method (5 stars best, 1 stars worst).
We try to add a freestyle-event approximately every third day.
So feel free to upload your sketches in!

More to come!

CGTalk Moderation
04-02-2006, 09:31 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.