PDA

View Full Version : presicion in modelling like mgs4 models

mister3d
02-26-2006, 06:38 AM
Im curious how to model really precise elements,e.g a line,that goes along all the body of a character.It seems its impossible to use projection master,as far as you only see one side.Maybe first you make complex alpha in photoshop and export it with model in zbrush?

Thank you in advance!

SPIDER2544
03-01-2006, 07:39 AM
or you just model it in maya at a high poly count, and never take the object into Zbrush. wouldnt it just be easyer to model in SubDs and just do it that way??

Zbrush to me is kind of a pain to try and do stuff like that with that tool. its like trying to drive a nail with a screw drive... yea you can do it, but why not use a hammer, and use the screw driver for what its good for.

DaedraLord
03-03-2006, 08:09 PM
Im curious how to model really precise elements,e.g a line,that goes along all the body of a character.It seems its impossible to use projection master,as far as you only see one side.Maybe first you make complex alpha in photoshop and export it with model in zbrush?

Thank you in advance!

try masking, i think its control and control+shift. all i can remember from the videos is that red is to hide selected, and green is to hide all outside selected. nothing hidden will be affected

Andreseloy
03-04-2006, 05:44 PM
You can model one side and then with smart resymmetry to the whole object
Andreseloy

CGTalk Moderation
03-04-2006, 05:44 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.