PDA

View Full Version : Scene : The Fall (nudity)

Per-Anders
12-13-2002, 05:59 AM
Post #2 in the gallery. Carrying on my re-learning how to draw, I've currently done as much as i feel I can right now on this every time i try to add more i just seem to mess it up further, so without delay here's the finished (for now) work, again all from in my head without reference.

WIP Thread here : http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=31404

Painter 7 & Photoshop, Work time a few hours.

Concept, started off with the guy in his pose and the title of the peice "The Fall", wasn't entirely sure abou the environment, at first I thought a battle scene, but then I realised that would just be pandering to certain tastes on this board. So I decided to put him in another battlefield, the bedroom... gives the title a few more meanings I feel.

Anyhow enjoy, Comments and crits welcome.

http://www.peranders.com/c4d8/samples/jpg/thellaf06.jpg

BiTMAP
12-13-2002, 06:11 AM
its not bad :) about your "As you ad it gets worse" I know that feeling, my buddy and I would draw with pens, and he'd screw up and work it into his picture so that you couldn't even tell, while I'd screw up and it would ruin it... Now i'm getting to a point were when i screw up i can usualy get it somehow fixed up and such, so just keep workin on it and you'll figure out ways to work around mistakes.

kiwi
12-13-2002, 09:10 AM
Nice style :thumbsup:

I have found with sketching/painting that when you find yourself saying that it needs just that extra something its time for a break because that extra something usually ends up being something you did not want :)

My only crit if you are going for semi realistic lighting would be the side of the bed could be a little more in shadow,as could the shadows on the lady on the bed,it would connect the images better together.I realize that the light is coming in through a window etc but the bed area seems to be just a tad bright compared to the guy ...jmo :)

Stu.

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.