PDA

View Full Version : Viper sees BUMP but not render

mdillender
02-26-2006, 01:14 AM
Strange happenings. When I render out a frame, the bump doesn't show up, but, while I'm working with the surface editor, VIPER shows the bump channel's effect.

It's probably simple but I want my VIPER view to be my rendered view.

I've tried changing the antialias settings as well as camera settings but can't seem to figure it out.

Any help would be appreciated. This is for LW8.5 on Win32 (XP SP2) and an NVIDIA QUADRO.

Martin

mdillender
02-26-2006, 01:18 AM
I figured it out, at least why, but can't resolve. I added the WindyWave procedural texture to C:\Program Files\LightWave [8]\Plugins\texture directory and if I change my BUMP to use a different procedural texture it works in VIPER and in the renders.

Any ideas?

Martin

kevman3d
02-26-2006, 04:22 AM
I noted that a handful of Denis' cool shaders had been updated (I think that included WindyWave) - The last update for WindyWave was 02 Feb 2006. If you downloaded it before then, its possible this one may have a bugfix for your problem.

Dunno if this will fix it - But try grabbing it again and see if it works - Otherwise let the Author know there's an issue and he can look into it.

TrueArt Support
02-26-2006, 11:18 AM
Sounds like procedural texture overwrited so called gradient (bump map in 3 dimension), this might be because of serious bug and writing to area of memory that should not be changed or just accidently touching these fields.. If you're using this WindyWave (honestly didn't tried it yet) only for color channel try baking it and apply as image, instead of using real-time procedural texture to not give it a chance to clear gradient fields in texture evaluation function.. Regardless of solution write mail to Denis, if upgrading to the latest version of procedural texture wouldn't fix this..

mdillender
02-26-2006, 10:53 PM
Thanks for the input all. I just downloaded it 2 days ago so can't believe it is an older version issue.

So, I did put it in the correct location? I'm new to Lightwave and the entire Plugin-Scan and Content directory concepts are new to me.

Thanks for everyone's help. Since I was using it for a bump channel, I just choose something else and tweaked it for my needs.

Martin

igu4n4
02-27-2006, 12:52 AM
ya a lot of those proceedurals of his had buggy bump channels... There are new versions of each with the tag *fixed buggy bump channels* .. so make sure you have an updated one.

Steve.
www.iguana-den.com

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 12:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.