PDA

View Full Version : Morph Maps and Motion Mixer

jademcquade
02-25-2006, 04:03 PM
Hey friends,

I have just recently been introduced to the use of Morphs and the Morth Mixer. I am finding it slightly hard to pick up. Does anyone know of a good tutorial with sound that explains the process of Morphing and slider based animation for Lightwave.

Any help appreciated.

gerardo
02-25-2006, 06:20 PM
Are you referring to MorphMixer or MotionMixer? I remember a really nice tutorial by Michael Blackbourn about creating a pose slider set with weight curves in MotionMixer, but I don't find the link anymore.

Gerardo

kevman3d
02-25-2006, 07:59 PM
I'll assume by the comment 'Slider based animation', he's referring to the Morph Mixer. :D

Its fairly simple - go to the frame you want to apply a new morph on, then just adjust the sliders - Morph mixer will generate a keyframe for morphs at the frame you're currently sitting on.

In morphMixer, the 'K' button indicates if there's a keyframe present. You can click it to remove a keyframe if you didn't want one at that frame. One nice option is using SHIFT-click on the 'K' to create/remove a keyframe on ALL morphs in morphmixer at the current frame as well (handy for Lipsync)

The Help and Manual should have plenty of info to give you any other techy info on the tool.

As for tutorials, there's a few around I'm sure - Check out some of the ones listed here and see if anything helps...

http://members.shaw.ca/lightwavetutorials/motion.htm

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2006, 07:59 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.