PDA

View Full Version : Render glitches, please help

wierdteaparty
02-25-2006, 07:10 AM
Ok so im modeling these samurai but the problem is i made this helmet that when it renders gets all these stipling dirt shadow things. and if i try to import it in to any other scene it "contaminates everything else in the scene" and even if i delete everything i imported the scene remains contaminated. and if i try to export anything in hte contaminated thing it is still messed up. also at one point i was getting a mental ray error saying that polysurface528 has no faces but when i checked a polyface528 didnt exist but now that error message is not coming up just the render glitches. Please any help would be greatly apreciated image attached.

Digitalwool
02-26-2006, 09:58 AM
This may be a dumb question, but if you have shadows turned on in your lights and renders, are they high quality? All I can think of right now, I'll keep thinking though.

If your model is polys, try exporting it as an .OBJ file all by itself. Open a new scene, import the obj and check for the same problem.

wierdteaparty
03-02-2006, 02:25 AM
Yes I have checked this and it does fix it but I was wondering if there would be a way to do it with out exporting everything. Oh well guess I have my solution.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 02:25 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.