PDA

View Full Version : Need urgent help with water flwing thru plumbing!

SandeepMaithani
02-25-2006, 06:07 AM
Hey guys

I need to show cross section of a plumbing water is flowing thru.I'm trying it with combustion particles but not kinda getting the right particle system for it.I'm looking into wondertouch though but if someone knows any particle files which can do the job for me, that will be a great help.
Time is really a constraint here so urgent help wud highly b appreciated.

Warm regards

Sandy

Eddyisgreat
02-27-2006, 03:52 AM
Hey guys

I need to show cross section of a plumbing water is flowing thru.I'm trying it with combustion particles but not kinda getting the right particle system for it.I'm looking into wondertouch though but if someone knows any particle files which can do the job for me, that will be a great help.
Time is really a constraint here so urgent help wud highly b appreciated.

Warm regards

Sandy

I don't understand what you are saying. If you want to manipulate an existing particle, i suppose you could animate something such as the Glowing wiggling lines (i think thats its, something like that) to follow the path, then use the reflectors to add realism.

thatoneguy
02-27-2006, 08:43 AM
Unless you want frothy fizzy water, 2d particles aren't what you want.

I see two ways to attack this situation

1) Animated squigly line matteing an "Underwater" pipe. (Blury, refracting/distorting, blue green.) and the normal pipe above. Probably using a smoke particle system, using the luminance channel to drive a displacement operator. The line itself would probably be the greatest challenge, some sort of procedurally driven line shape would be my guess.

sort of like this:
http://encyclopedia.laborlawtalk.com/wiki/images/f/f0/Mangroves.jpg

2) CG water, using metaparticles and some variety of fluid/physics simulation.

Honestly though... I think your best bet would be a quick trip to the indian equivalent of Home Depot. Buy 2 feet of pipe, 2 feet of plexiglass and grab a garden hose.

SandeepMaithani
03-13-2006, 06:54 PM
Hey thanks guys...i got some particle system from illusion and they kinda look good but lets see what the client says!!

Thanks im_thatoneguy.Ur suggestions though kicked some new ideas!

regds

Sandy

Quantium
03-14-2006, 12:29 AM
Could just do a little simulation using RealFlow.

CGTalk Moderation
03-14-2006, 12:29 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.