PDA

View Full Version : Bones issue in 7.5

claws_33
02-25-2006, 12:42 AM
Hi. I've been working on a rig for something for a bit now, but there's one problem that I can't seem to fix or figure out. One of the bones in the leg is, I'm not sure, but seems to be facing the wrong way so that all the axis for rotation are off. for instance, i can't move it forward like with the rest of the leg because the forward rotation for this bone is at an angle. if anyone can please help i'd very much appreciate it. thanks!http://www.csupomona.edu/%7Eegkopin/Leg-issue%20copy.jpg

PixelInfected
02-25-2006, 10:48 AM
for lw 7.5 you must go back to modeler, select bone, and sel edit bone, then move handler to be perpendicular to bone. and reload it

for lw 8 you can correct with twist bone tool. (very useful tool)

anyway, is important to draw skelegon in right window, to avoid a lot of problem like that.
when you build a skelegon, the pitch angle is perpendicular to view where to draw the skelegon.

toonafish
02-25-2006, 11:36 AM
Unparent the bone with the wrong rotation with Parent in place active and autokey on ( it will be parented to the object at the top of the hierarchy ) .
Now rotate the banking of the ( former ) Parent bone so that the little blue arrow points in the direction you want the child bone to rotate along in the Pitch.
When you now re-parent the childbone ( with parent in place active ) you'll see the rotational axis looks much better.

make sure you rest the bones you changed.

claws_33
02-25-2006, 06:39 PM
thank you both so much for replying. I tried both ways. The second one wouldn't let me unparent the bone. And for the first one, it didn't seem to affect the rotation, so I probably didn't do the correct thing.

murcielago
02-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Try using the rotate pivot point tool in layout.

toonafish
02-28-2006, 08:53 AM
thank you both so much for replying. I tried both ways. The second one wouldn't let me unparent the bone. And for the first one, it didn't seem to affect the rotation, so I probably didn't do the correct thing.

I'm sorry, I should have been more clear about the unparenting thing.

You can't just unparent a bone, a bone always has to be within the hierarchy of the object it's deforming. So to "unparent" the bone you have to parent it to the top of the hierarchy.

But in fact it doesn't matter so much, you can also parent it to another bone you're not going to change. You're only unparenting it temporary so you can rotate the parent without screwing up the rotation of the children.

CGTalk Moderation
02-28-2006, 08:53 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.