PDA

View Full Version : Undo Workflow: One Man's Feature Request

Giacomo_M
02-25-2006, 12:06 AM
While I'm thinking of it:

I hereby request an option in the Preferences that camera moves executed through the Camera viewport can be excluded as entries in the "undo" stack.

I'm sure everyone here knows what I'm taking about: you change N, navigate around the scene to see how well it worked, and then decide that wasn't what you wanted and hit Cmd-Z. But the last ten things you did were camera moves and you can't undo N anymore.

Obviously there are times (i.e, setting keyframes for a flythrough) when I want to have the such things undo-able. But most of the time I don't.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

GM

iKKe
02-25-2006, 12:25 AM
While I'm thinking of it:

I hereby request an option in the Preferences that camera moves executed through the Camera viewport can be excluded as entries in the "undo" stack.

I'm sure everyone here knows what I'm taking about: you change N, navigate around the scene to see how well it worked, and then decide that wasn't what you wanted and hit Cmd-Z. But the last ten things you did were camera moves and you can't undo N anymore.

Obviously there are times (i.e, setting keyframes for a flythrough) when I want to have the such things undo-able. But most of the time I don't.

Just thought I'd throw that out there.

GM

Are you using an older version?

You can switch Virtual Camera on and off for a while now.

Cheers

Hans

Giacomo_M
02-25-2006, 03:34 AM
Thanks--wow! I had no idea!

FYI, I upgraded (a year ago) directly from 2.9 to 6.0. So I'm slowly assimilating all the features that've been added since then.

GM

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2006, 03:34 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.