PDA

View Full Version : Multiverse - Make your own MMO

slaughters
02-24-2006, 09:09 PM
"Hollywood producers are taking notice of Multiverse, a startup that makes a massively multiplayer online (MMO) video game possible for a tiny fraction of what they typically cost..."

"...Multiverse offers the alternative of enabling any IP owner to create an MMO game for as little as $10,000 and in about half of the time to market. It does so by using common technology with open standards that are expandable. Developers also may host their own games and use Multiverse's tools to handle subscriptions and billing"

Article - >>> Link <<<< (http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20060224/tc_nm/videogame_dc)

Site - http://www.multiverse.net/

noisewar
02-25-2006, 03:32 AM
I guess the MMO genre isn't stale enough already, it needs template designs to boot.

madgodz
02-25-2006, 07:50 AM
if I had a dollar everytime I heard middleware make this very same claim... i would have at least 3 or 4 bucks...

JeroenDStout
02-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Well, if this leads of MMORPGs that aren't space or magic based... or... ehm... no, I think that sums up all the MMORPGs, really.

JMcWilliams
02-25-2006, 01:23 PM
never got into playing MMOGs, never will. And I worked on one for a while too. :wip: :)

Lorecanth
02-26-2006, 02:31 AM
I love the fact that the one demo they have looks like ass.

opus13
02-26-2006, 09:57 PM
there isnt a MMO out that has good graphics. why should theirs be an exception? an MMO is about an all encompassing 'experience', not just how flashy it looks --its like the antithesis to doom3.

Caffeinemonkey
02-26-2006, 10:03 PM
This is a scam to get VC money from dumb ass investors. No one on this team has game dev. experience and are trying to sell it with hollywood names.

rkrehe20
02-26-2006, 10:30 PM
there isnt a MMO out that has good graphics. why should theirs be an exception? an MMO is about an all encompassing 'experience', not just how flashy it looks --its like the antithesis to doom3.

huxley is going to change that! as will tabula rasa and imperator. ;)

DevilHacker
02-27-2006, 12:08 AM
huxley is going to change that! as will tabula rasa and imperator. ;)we can only hope...
PS: Didnt imperator get can'ed?

Titan
02-27-2006, 01:21 AM
agreed...High hopes for Huxley...looks sweet

Lorecanth
02-27-2006, 05:04 AM

wasn't so much talking about the graphics as the art direction and for great art direction i have to point no further than wow or guild wars. Really those images are horrible becasue they're huge unvaried plains with a few ogres dropped in. Starfox on the snes looked better.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 05:04 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.