PDA

View Full Version : Black objects wont reflect ?

MoodyB
02-24-2006, 06:39 PM
Hey all,

Could someone try and get a black object with reflectivity set at 1.0, to reflect anything in Studio ? I can't here, no matter what I try. :banghead:

If this is meant to be a feature and not a bug, and assuming I'm not missing something completely fundemental in M:S, would someone care to explain why it's this way ? I could understand if the materials' diffuse was at 0.0, but not when it's at 1.0

Wegg
02-24-2006, 09:07 PM
The beta we are testing now appears to have fixed that.

MoodyB
02-24-2006, 09:26 PM
Thanks wegg, good to know.

Parsec3d
02-24-2006, 10:26 PM
getting closer to an RC?

Wegg
02-24-2006, 10:35 PM
I have been given hints that it will be "soon".

I have been given hints that it will be "soon" for the past 6 months. So I generally take those hints for what they are and move on.

NEVER wait for a fix. Figure out a way around the problem with the tool you have. If your REALLY stuck and you need help then please come here and let us try and help you but please try and make it interesting. Show us your animatics, sketches, models etc.

I have to say I'm a little frustrated that this area of CGTalk has become the unofficial free tech support for Messiah. I'm happy to help grow the community but I want to SEE what you are doing. I want people to come here and see all these great things people are doing and how supportive we are of each other. Not just a list of questions and vague answers.

Cool?

stooch
02-25-2006, 12:10 AM
i had the same problems with my car windows. you have to crank up the reflectivity to something ridiculous (10-20)

billrobertson42
02-25-2006, 01:04 AM
Maybe if the "feature" is that if pure black won't reflect, then set the color value to something like 1,0,0 (rgb)?

Wegg
02-25-2006, 02:46 AM
That didn't work either. I made it a dark grey and when reflection was set to 1. . . it still didn't reflect much at all. Its not a feature. . . thats a bug. But it has been fixed. Getting around it is to crank up that reflection value.

svintaj
02-25-2006, 12:25 PM
I think you can have a wite material with 0% diffuse, then it's black and can still receive reflections.

/ Svante

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2006, 12:25 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.