PDA

View Full Version : Mapped HD .MOV on poly

igorstshirts
02-24-2006, 07:22 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am pretty close to finishing this scene but I hit a little bump last night. The ground is a 2100 by 1900, 12 second, 30fps (360 frames) .MOV mapped onto a polygon. It only plays for a duration of 8 seconds and then just stops for the remainding 4. Is it because the movie file is so big? ...(2.1 gigs). Should I maybe try an .AVI instead? Other than the little quirk, it seems like Lightwave is handling the large file very well. Any help would be super cool. Thanks.
.............................................................................................................................
http://www.igorstshirts.com/temp/1612droidwbike2.jpg

igorstshirts
02-24-2006, 10:03 PM
Could it be that Lightwave is seeing the road map movie at 24fps rather than 30? The math seems to support that somewhat.

williamsburroughs
02-24-2006, 10:28 PM
Any chance you could just comp it up in either After Effects or DF/dfx+ ?

Sometimes doing things outside of a 3D app makes ones life a lot easier.

Just a thought.

Good luck.

monovich
02-25-2006, 12:26 AM
you might also try an image sequence instead of a .mov or. avi

movie files have given me trouble in the past.

cool moto!

igorstshirts
02-25-2006, 02:10 AM
Poli,
I'm so tryin' for this method... Probably will resort to the comp.

monovich,
Thanks! Image sequence that size? Sounds intense, might have to try it as a last resort.
Appreciate it!

coremi
02-25-2006, 07:34 AM
i think that the movie framerate is independant, if it is rendered at 25 fps and your scene is at 30 fps it will not automaticaly adjust. you may try to adjust this with Premiere or something similar, but i have little experience in converting from 25 to 30 fps or back, sorry. Tried once and get some weird jumps in frames :).

PixelInfected
02-25-2006, 11:44 AM
ime you need to use a sequence, convert it to frame sequence, it help you
for follow reason :

less memory load, if need to load a single frame instead of full movie
less render time, lw or any other software need to load all movie, extract delta data to build frame, then render
less frame rate problem (by default it use one frame for each frame), if you need to verify or change it, go on image editor and check under animation parameters
faster preview when you work in layout
happy rendering

PentamiterBeast
02-25-2006, 12:35 PM
Have a look in the image editor, when you select a loaded image sequence or movie file, you have options for start/stop time, repeat, stop, reverse, etc.

igorstshirts
02-25-2006, 08:36 PM
Thanks for all the help everyone! I will try the suggestions and let you know what happens:rolleyes: .

igorstshirts
02-27-2006, 05:42 PM
PentamiterBeast,
The image editor has a setting for in and out... The out was set at the 227th frame rather than the 340 I was shooting for so thanks. Pretty trivial but I might not have found that so fast had you not replied.

I added an emitter for the rain, need two more under the tires to spray "water".
I made a small rain Flash test if anyone is interested. About 1.6 megs.
http://www.igorstshirts.com/temp/tokyo.swf

Thanks again!

AndyUno1
02-27-2006, 05:48 PM
I really like this a lot. The only thing I would like to see is maybe some clothfx on the pantleg/skirt under the rider. Other than that, this is really nice.

CGTalk Moderation
02-27-2006, 05:48 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.