PDA

View Full Version : The new Sticky plugin is good!

Dennik
02-24-2006, 03:12 PM
check the video (ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/LW9/Sticky.mov)

Its a shame though it doesn't come with an on off slider, or even better, a parent change on the fly feature. That would be awesome!

spirosa
02-24-2006, 05:56 PM
That's what nulls are for.. ;)
(you can always use sticky on a null,
then use a dynamic parent plug-in
or make your own expression tied to a slider and off you go)

Dennik
02-24-2006, 06:52 PM
Yeah, i thought about that right after i posted. Lets see though if those two work well together. :)

mijaba
02-24-2006, 07:59 PM
where is this plugin? I WANT!!

Auger
02-25-2006, 01:50 AM
where is this plugin? I WANT!!

It's part of LW9.

Zarathustra
02-25-2006, 07:27 PM
Technically you mean "The new Sticky plugin looks good" because you're commenting on seeing a video of it and not on your own experience with it. If you are commenting on your experience with it, then you are in violation of your NDA with NT.

Immediate questions from video:
• What if there are more than one object with sticky surface applied?
• Is it the sticky object's pivot point that's being aligned to the sticky surface?
• What if you deform the surface of a sticky surface object by say bones or displacement?

Ed Bittner
02-26-2006, 12:44 PM
What I'm wondering is, does this work with Partigons? If so, it would be cool for rain fx sticking to the side of a building, car,etc. If not, bummer.

E.

Netvudu
02-26-2006, 02:13 PM
What´s the problem with making the object a collider in Sticky mode, Ed? that works already...

Ed Bittner
02-26-2006, 02:26 PM
I guess my thought was you could avoid the calculation times for such a large object. Yeah, I know there is a way to do it already, but I was thinking maybe the animation times would would be faster without the calculation hit. ( I don't know if that makes any sense, I'm really hung over. After Saturday night comes Sunday morning).

E.

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2006, 02:26 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.