PDA

View Full Version : Video Quality

rafimmedia
02-24-2006, 10:39 AM
im a upcoming animator . i made some animtion is 3Dmax then exported as a tga sequence
and the imported into after effects added some final touches. then exported as a avi format
i used ideo video5 compresor , but quality is poor . which comprossor is the best? or, any other
method to get hifi digital quality pls tell me , im using p4, 1 gb ram, 80 gb HDD, 16 MB AGP,

Mylenium
02-24-2006, 11:10 AM
im a upcoming animator . i made some animtion is 3Dmax then exported as a tga sequence
and the imported into after effects added some final touches. then exported as a avi format
i used ideo video5 compresor , but quality is poor . which comprossor is the best? or, any other
method to get hifi digital quality pls tell me , im using p4, 1 gb ram, 80 gb HDD, 16 MB AGP,

Use DivX or Xvid but don't export them directly from AE. Use VirtualDub or other tools that do a far better job at compressing stuff.

Mylenium

beenyweenies
02-24-2006, 10:55 PM

As Mylenium mentioned Divx is a really good option for quality vs. size, however people must have explicitly installed Divx to view movies in this codec. It's popular, but not as widespread as some other options. Plus, if your intention is to showcase your work for prospective employers or clients, it's even less likely they will have Divx installed since few businesses use Divx for anything. Many companies only let system admins install software on their machines, and there is little reason to install Divx except to let your employees goof off on the job. ;)

For the widest audience I would use Sorenson codec in Quicktime format. QT files can be viewed on both Mac and PCs, whereas WMVs are windows only. Another benefit is that anyone with quicktime player (even very old versions) will already have the Sorenson codec. If you use Sorenson 3 you can get very high quality results in a fairly small file size.

An even better option would be the Flash Video format (.flv), since the Flash 7 player (minimum required version for flash video) is installed on 97% of internet capable computers. You can download the flash 8 demo from Macromedia to get a fully functioning version of the included Flash Video Encoder.

rafimmedia
02-25-2006, 05:45 AM
thx guy's,

for your kind information. But i downloded a divx codec. when i export in after effects my system crashes. what to do and it asking me serial also?, in easry stage how they can get hi quality animations ? .

evanfotis
02-26-2006, 12:59 AM
Go check DivX site and forums.
Thereare loads of tuts-tweaks and such.
To export DivX, you need DivXpro, which you buy for $30 or so. If you just downloaded the player, you can ionly watch, not encode.

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2006, 12:59 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.