PDA

View Full Version : Multiple objects, only edit one.

buzzz3d
02-24-2006, 09:15 AM
Hi,
I'm sure this is very simple for all you Zbrush pro's out there but I'm a Max-user and quite new to Zbrush and I couldn't find info about it here and on Zbrush central.

The problem:
I have a character which is sculpted, I have seperate clothing which I want to sculpt in Zbrush. I want to have both the character in the viewport as well as the clothing, but I only want to edit the clothing.

The way I'm doing it at the moment is that I've imported the clothing and the character as one mesh with different polygroups, that way I'm able to at least hide the character with one click, sculpt on the clothing, unhide the character to see how it looks, hide it again and sculpt.
Is it possible to mask polygroups or is there another solution?

buzzz3d
02-24-2006, 11:42 AM
On Zbrushcentral WingedOne provided me with the solution:
Hide your clothing group. Go to "Masking" under your tool menu and press the "Mask All" button. Unhide your clothing. http://206.145.80.239/zbc/images/smilies/smile.gif

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 11:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.