PDA

View Full Version : scale limit?

gjpetch
02-24-2006, 12:18 AM
Is there a limit to how big a tool can be drawn on the canvas? I was just playing around with a figure, and running into a problem where I can't zoom in close enough to detail the eyes. Is there any workaround or solution?

eblondin
02-24-2006, 12:40 AM
Well you should be able to zoom in as far as you want. But hiding everything but the eyes would be a easier way to work/ manipulate them

ChristianFischer
05-14-2006, 08:31 AM
i've just got exactly the same problem.
if i hide a part of the mesh i can scale the visible part bigger but then the brush size doesn't work correct.
no matter how small i scale it, it will not go smaller than a certain amount

eblondin
05-30-2006, 11:12 PM
Is this a .obj you imported or a tool?

If it is a .obj you can turn up the unify scale to something like 6 under preferences - import export menu. This will unify your model upon import and export to other programs like max or maya so that it will come in and out at the same scale but at the same time it will increase it for use in zbrush so that your draw size will be more accurate. So all you would have to do is turn up that slider and then re import the .obj and that should fix your problem.

if it is a tool with multiple sub d levels then you can use the tool - deformation - size to increase the size of your tool, thus making the draw size of your brush more accurate, if it is still in zsphere form however you will get undesired results with this method though.

I would recommend the first option if you are able to just import a new .obj/start over.......

CGTalk Moderation
05-30-2006, 11:12 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.