PDA

View Full Version : Need help with light reflections

PoorhouseFX
02-23-2006, 05:54 PM
I have a project I am working on and just simply using raytrace option for now. I have a car with lights on top (cop car) with a soft glow to them. As it passes by a building, everything reflects beautifully except for the light of glow. So what happens is there is this nice glpwing blue ligh ton the car but in the reflection all I see is the light itself. No blue or glow.

Any ideas?

jeremybirn
02-23-2006, 06:13 PM
The glow is probably a post effect, not something that's supposed to reflect. Easiest fix is probably to add a blue light that emits only specular, linked exclusively to the building, to add a blue specular highlight around whatever reflections you see.

-jeremy

PoorhouseFX
02-23-2006, 06:33 PM
Thanks. Will give it a try and see what happens. I appreciate the advice.

PoorhouseFX
02-23-2006, 07:01 PM
OK, the specular worked great, however, all I got wqs the glow now. I have the actaul light placed inside of something with this new light just outside of it. Is there a way to have in the reflection, not only the glow, but also see that light source. If you look at it on the model you can see the glow and the light where as the building now only shows a kind of halo like glow on it. Any advice for showing the light in the reflection too.

Thank you by the way for the first part.

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2006, 07:01 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.