PDA

View Full Version : Qualified Contestants

Vizfizz
02-23-2006, 08:49 AM
The following contestants have qualified to enter the competition based on the rules provided in the Main Forum. They submitted their written treatment and provided sketches before midnight on Feb 22. PST.

Ishizaka Yoshiki
Troy Benesch
Loon Yik Herng
Richard Joly
Nigel Gilbert
Juan Carlos Llaurado
Randall Bahnsen
Alonzo Von Threet
Uwe Kerpen
Jean-Luc Grenier
Ian Waters
Tim Shedelbower
Michael Bugden
Mike Perusse

Contestants requesting withdrawal from contest:
Joe Purcell

Contestants failing to meet stage 2 deadline:
Jedt Sitthidumrong

Joe and Jedt's submission threads will be closed.

mike33
02-23-2006, 08:50 PM
Cool Beans! Good Luck everyone.~Mike

halfworld
02-23-2006, 08:54 PM
Let the games begin!

I just realised we have Placer on one of the dongles in work, so i'll be testing that out when I need to give my butterfly a Mohawk - Blairs intended use for the plugin.

Best of luck to everyone, this is gonna be great!
Ian

tbenesch
02-23-2006, 09:19 PM
Glad to see we have an enthusiastic and talented group of artists from around the world participating. This IS going to be fun. Good luck to everyone and I look forward to seeing some cool stuff and learn some new tips and techniques while at it. I've always loved Electricimage since day one and though I have access to many other 3D apps, EI is always the one I default to.

Troy

AVTPro
02-24-2006, 08:49 PM
Well guess that's the first elimination round. Feels like I'm in some realty show and made it by for the first cut. FLAVA FLLLLLLAAAAAAAVVV!!

I hear there's going to be more contests for those who, for whatever reason didn't make this one. Good Luck. Let's remember to pay attention to the requirements of the rules.

Let's Rock.

BTW, Ian, I was going to do a butterfly, anxious to see what youre doing.

percy06
02-26-2006, 08:04 PM
Well all my uni work has to be by may so if there are any more comps after that i would love to join up. really gutted that i could not do this. oh well good luck to every one else.

Vizfizz
02-26-2006, 08:23 PM
Don't worry Joe. I have other contests in the future planned.

tbenesch
03-16-2006, 05:30 PM
Who made it to the next phase? Curious if I met the qualifications to proceed?

Outstanding job everyone! Brian, this was such a good idea. I know that many weren't able to participate due to scheduling conflicts, etc. (I was in that same boat for a while there), but still it provided the 'kick in the pants' that many of us need to do something fun and creative for ourselves. I know that many animators who do this for a living, don't feel compelled to boot up the machine when they go home to start another 3D project. But, if we don't make the effort to try, we slowly start to become stagnant and as artists, that's like the worst punishment one can inflict. My .02 cents worth. :)

Troy

Vizfizz
03-16-2006, 05:33 PM
The following indivdiuals have qualified for stage 4 by completing stage 3.

Tim Shedelbower
Richard Joly
Ishizaka Yoshiki
Troy Benesch
Michael Bugden
Loon Yik Herng
Alonzo Von Threet
Nigel Gilbert
Uwe Kerpen
Ian Waters
Jean-Luc Grenier

Contestants disqualified by not providing a stage 3 entry by midnight PST 15 March:
Juan Carlos Llaurado
Randall Bahnsen

New contestants requesting withdrawl:
Mike Perusse

Previously disqualified:
Jedt Sitthidumrong
Joe Purcell

One more week to go guys. Hang in there! Good luck!

halfworld
03-16-2006, 05:41 PM
Phew!

For some reason I thought the deadline was this weekend. That'll give me the time I need to retexture... well... everything really...

Just waiting for Blair to get back to Rob with the codes for Placer and I'll be flying (or placing as the case may be :)
Ian