PDA

View Full Version : Artist for hire!

leigh
12-12-2002, 05:43 PM
Hey all :D

Well, I just thought I'd start putting my feelers out for a new job for next year. I'm specifically looking to leave the country I am in, so I just thought I'd put the word out that I am now available for hire :cool:

I've just updated my site (whole new look for a new me) too :p
Check it out here (http://leigh.cgcommunity.com)

No gallery up just yet, but I will be putting it up in the next few days, time permitting. In the meantime, you can always email me if you want to see any work, although a lot of you may have seen some of my work already.

My bio and resume are on the site already.

Although I already have a few companies in mind that I'd like to go for, the reason I am posting here is because I would ideally like a job working with LW, because I love it so much.

So if any of you know of any cool companies who I should be contacting, let me know!

Per-Anders
12-12-2002, 05:51 PM
passion pictures uk

for some reason i couldnt find their website... but i'm sure it's not too hard to find.. i found this link though so you can see some of their work.

http://www.matrox.com/video/press/profiles/passion.cfm

leigh
12-12-2002, 05:55 PM
:thumbsup:
Yeah their work rocks! I found their site (http://www.passion-pictures.com/), am checking it out now :D Thanks!

Petrik
12-12-2002, 07:37 PM
Hey come to New Zealand, stay with us, and you can be my personal tutor. You can then work for Flux or Weta Digital or some of the other companies here.

leigh
12-12-2002, 07:41 PM
LOL!!
Weta is EXACTLY where I want to work :D

I am completely OBSSESSED with LOTR - I would just about sell my soul to work on it :p
I'm sending them my reel as soon as it's done ;)

Hehehe, you know anyone there at Weta?

And of course I'll be your tutor! LOL

Petrik
12-12-2002, 07:54 PM
I wish I did know someone there. I do know some people from Flux. As a matter of fact they also come to the User group.

Unfortunatly I only found out about the user group recently (few months ago) and missed out on Larry Schultz' visit.

However I have relatives in Wellington who may be able to help with accomodation as that is where Weta Digital is. I am in Auckland which is where the user group is and also Flux.

leigh
12-12-2002, 08:03 PM
Well, thank you for being so helpful! I will let you know if I get a job there at Weta *holds thumbs*

Working there would be like my entire dream come true :D
I absolutely live for Lord Of The Rings, it is my favourite thing in the whole world. I am really completely obsessed with the films :p

I am still trying to frantically get my reel together to send to them, and it's not an easy process because I have other work to do to :sad:

I just have to work on Return Of The King!! Perhaps I could even persuade them all to switch to LW! LOL

Petrik
12-12-2002, 08:15 PM
Well I am going to do a multimedia course next year with emphasis on 3D modeling and animation as well as post production video work and then I will also get stuck in to produce a real for Weta and whoever else takes my fancy (namely Pixar and ILM).

Email me and I can send you the contact details for Flux. They use Lightwave there. If you can get in there then you will be in the country and you can hack away at getting in at Weta.

Tottebias
12-12-2002, 08:32 PM
Come work in Sweden! Very nice climate, only -10 below 0 :cool: Almost as warm and nice as SA.

Hmm, I'm obsessed with the LOTR movie aswell. I'm going to see Two Towers next friday...Wish I could go to sleep 'til then because nothing else matters :)

Petrik
12-12-2002, 08:42 PM
Isn't it a crazy world we live in. LOTR was filmed in New Zealand and yet we are still waiting to see The Two Towers. I believe it is out nearly everywhere else in the world.

leigh
12-12-2002, 08:44 PM
Petrik - emailing you now ;)

Tottebias - LOL well, jag šlskar Sverige, and I'd love to one day work there, but right now it's LOTR that I am most after :D
You are only seeing it next Friday?? I only have to wait until Wednesday :P WOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

leigh
12-12-2002, 08:45 PM
Actually, Petrik, the films worldwide release date is next Wednesday.
The only people who have already seen it have only managed to do so by obtaining press passes and such.

Tottebias
12-12-2002, 08:50 PM
Yeah..People went crazy where I lived..They put tents and stuff outside the cinema so you'd have to be there like a week ahead to get tickets for wednesday. I envy you, lucky girl. And I think LOTR and NZ is a much better choice than this freezer of a country. I've seriously considered moving to africa giving up my CG career and buying a hotel or something. Just to be able to enjoy the sun the whole year, it's just too depressing here right now since there's like 4 hours of sun a day :(

Facial Deluxe
12-12-2002, 09:00 PM
Hello Leig,
Perhaps you could write to newtek europe, they use to diffuse job oportunities to subscribed LW user.
Perhaps send a pm to Beevee (Ben Vost).
just an idea.

proton
12-12-2002, 09:29 PM
You will have no problem getting a good job.....please contact me and we can talk....:thumbsup:

leigh
12-12-2002, 09:55 PM
Proton, you've got m@il ;)

Nikos
12-12-2002, 11:09 PM
Hi,
In the UK there's at least two companies up in Scotland
where they use LightWave.

AXIS Animation
http://www.axisanimation.com

and

Absolute Studios
http://www.absolutestudios.com

where the latter has been geering up quite recently
for an animated TV-series.

Passion Pictures in London are of course very well known,
and as a sidenote, 80% of their workforce is freelancers. :)
Freelancing in general is very common in London.

wgreenlee1
12-13-2002, 02:19 AM
Good luck Leigh!
You are very talented and deserve a great job wherte you can really show your stuff.
Let us all know if you get any good hits.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.