Kurtis
02-22-2006, 10:33 PM
We've added a new LightWave v9 Feature Video to the videos page:
http://www.lightwave3d.com/lw9_demos.php

The new video is Motion Modifier: Sticky
ftp://ftp.newtek.com/pub/LightWave/LW9/Sticky.mov

TrueArt Support
02-22-2006, 11:07 PM
Nice stuff.. But I am wondering what happens if there is more than just one sticky object and one sticky surface object.. How such more complex case is handled.. It has quite limited user interface..

Example usage: human is walking on train that goes on rails.. Human is sticky to train object (that is sticky surface for human), and train is sticky to rails (which is used for sticky surface, but only to train object)..

robinson
02-22-2006, 11:20 PM
Nice stuff.. But I am wondering what happens if there is more than just one sticky object and one sticky surface object.. How such more complex case is handled.. It has quite limited user interface..

that's what i wanna know too !!!

m.d.
02-23-2006, 02:23 AM
or can the weight of this be animated....
i.e. can we turn it on and off....and do we have control over the offset without having to move the pivot point(I am assuming here)

Carm3D
02-23-2006, 03:36 AM

Example usage: human is walking on train that goes on rails.. Human is sticky to train object (that is sticky surface for human), and train is sticky to rails (which is used for sticky surface, but only to train object)..

For a multi-layered effect like that you might have to bake the motion of the train before using sticky on the human.

adrencg
02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin about!

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2006, 08:33 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.