PDA

View Full Version : render out seperatly shadow in MR

jaykey
02-22-2006, 10:19 PM
Hi everyone,

I tried to render out the shadow of my animal seperatly, but it doesn`t work. I still have the floor WITH the shadow together, also the shadow is not very smooth. How can I change that?

I turned of the animals primary visability. And tried to add a background shader to my floor (wood table). But to which attribute should I add the background shader to the floor lambert in the hypershade?

And what should I add to the shadow render layer? What about the lights? I got 4 area lights and 1 spot light for the major light and also the shadow which I wanted to have.

How shadow to seperate render out???

Thanx for your help

J.

Digitalwool
02-22-2006, 10:54 PM
If I understand your problem properly, all you will need to do is use the "use background" shader all by itself. Don't plug it in to the lambert, use only the "use background" shader on the floor. When you render it out, you'll have to check the alpha channel to see if there's a shadow because if you've got a black camera background and a black shadow you won't be able to see your shadow in the image - it will appear all black.

In After Effects the shadow should be immediately visible, in Photoshop you will need to use the alpha channel as the shadow, inverted and multiplied.

Hope that works

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 10:54 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.