PDA

View Full Version : Normal Mapping Problem

Bmoner
02-22-2006, 05:11 PM
I've created a low-res model of a hand, and have imported it into Zbursh to make a hi-res normal map for it using the ZMapper plug-in. My problem is after I have sculpted a hi-res detailed mesh and I lower the resolution so I can make the normal map, the normal map makes my model distorted. And when I try to raise the subdivision levels after lowering it, it becomes distorted almost like it's not holding the hi-res information.

Does anyone know how to possibly fix my problem? Any help is greatly appreciated.

And another problem is that after it creates the distorted normal map, the map isn't a flat texture like it should be. Instead it looks exactly like my model, but only a front and back rendering of it.

rasmusW
02-23-2006, 12:40 PM
hey bmoner!

can you show some pics of your model and problem. that might help us others to tell you how to fix it.
anywho, it sounds like it's a uv problem. is it unwrapped? -are there any overlapping uv's etc.
zbrush isn't very fond of overlaps...

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2006, 12:40 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.