PDA

View Full Version : What's the best (free) code for an auto-slider-thingy?

Kieguy
12-12-2002, 05:09 PM
Anyone here have any direct links to download a good (the best?) actionscript code/source .fla you've found for making your typical auto-sliding or scrolling area with easily tweakable sensitivity in the end regions...??? Hopefully well-commented or documented...with good customizable parameters. Know wot I mean? I'm not talking scrollbars...but a slider that automatically reacts to you mousing over one of the edge regions, and the closer you are to the edge, the faster it will scroll. But not react too wildly...

I've seen this kind of thing covered in books...in the bookstores that is ;) Unfortunately, I didn't buy...hoping I could find the same thing online. Guess I need to look harder...but thought I'd give these forums a try in case any other flash gurus have this kind of thing right at their fingertips!! THANKS in advance for any help!!!!

fig
12-12-2002, 05:24 PM
check out the FLA downloads at ultrashock (http://www.ultrashock.com/) and you should find something that'll work, not usually too documented tho.

chris

hypnotoad_
12-12-2002, 06:33 PM
hi. i think you're looking for this one: http://www.flashkit.com/movies/Scripting/Scrolling/Accele_S-Greg_Mey-87/index.php

i haven't checked out the .fla, but the principle is pretty easy (at least if you use flash 5 or mx).

if you got questions, just ask ;)

(first posting in cg-talk)

Kieguy
12-12-2002, 06:47 PM
Yes...that kind of scroller is exactly what I had in mind, hypnotoad! (I know, not that it's a super-new thing...) Thank you much!

I guess I know of ultrashock and flashkit...just am not fond of wading thru hundreds of links, esp. if someone knows of the right one right away! I'll have to take a look inside it and see what its about....

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.