PDA

View Full Version : Simpson's Sound Clip- Stephen Vyas

Stephen Vyas
12-12-2002, 04:35 PM
Hey guys..
Here's an animation I did earlier this year from one of my favorite Simpsons sound clips..

Lil' Moe in the hot seat [Divx 5.02] [5.94megs] (http://members.shaw.ca/cgsteve/Lilmoe320x240.avi)

Cheers:beer:
Steve

Rogue
12-12-2002, 07:35 PM
That's a great Simpson's moment. Gotta hand it to those writers man, they've got it together.

Your animation looks good. Couple of crits (if you're looking for crits):

The lipsync doesn't work in some places. There are spots where it looks like his mouth doesn't close at all and it's sort of bouncing between a couple of open positions.

At the point he says "a date", he looks kind dead there. I think he goes too still, even though there is some slight movement, it just seems to be missing some life. Also, his hands in that section of the clip are floaty in areas and the fingers could use some movement. "Same thing when he says could you unhook this thing please"...his hands look a little floaty.

Lastly I think he could use some head bobs in there in time with the speaking. It'll help give the lipsync some more articulation.

Just my $0.02 worth

Looking good. Just a couple tweaks here and there and it'll be very cool!

Stephen Vyas
12-13-2002, 04:20 AM
Heh.. Somehow I knew you'd be the first to reply....
I'm always accepting critisms, you know that :P... But the chances of me revisiting this piece isn't likely, as it's quite old. What I'll be doing insted is using the critiques to help out with my next soundclip. Thanks Rogue!

I'm looking forward to attacking another one within the next few weeks..... Stay Tuned:p

Cheers
Steve

Rogue
12-13-2002, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by Stephen Vyas
Heh.. Somehow I knew you'd be the first to reply....

:)

I learned a TON with all the crits for my 10 second club entry, but I'm not going back and fixing because I'm moving forward to the next one. But like you said, take those crits and apply it to the next one. It's a great way to learn. And the great thing is...you don't have to agree. :)

I heard someone say on...I think it was cg-char...that critiquing someone elses work helps you to crit your own. I hope so. ;)

We get another competition in January. I wonder what the new competition will be about.

Stephen Vyas
12-13-2002, 09:49 PM
No doubt it'll be more advanced... I think they just wanted to ease everyone into this challenge with something simple to start with... And it seemed to work.
I'm hoping tho, that we'll see some more members joining in on the January challenge. It's all in good fun anyways, learn some new tricks meet some new people.. In my opinion those were the best things about the last challenge...
Anyways, I gotta get going...

Cheers
Steve

thesaint
01-01-2003, 04:11 AM
What a great sound clip!!!

nice treatment too. Bit floaty and undefined (watch those Silhouettes and hold-overs on poses)

very funny.

Well, i gotta go, hot date tonight <BUZZZzz>

Stephen Vyas
01-02-2003, 07:26 AM
Yeah I love the sound clip too. I agree it's completely floaty and the poses could be much stronger, but I'm glad ya thought it was funny.
Hope ya had a good time on the date, and happy New Year to everyone!!
Cheers
Steve

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.