PDA

View Full Version : Bezier problems

jademcquade
02-22-2006, 11:47 AM
I have used the bezier tool to make two main points. I would now like to move around the little points inbetween to alter the shape of my bezier line, but everytime I try to click and drag a point it creates a new point which I dont want.

I am able to use the Delete Last function to delete this point, but i still dont know how to move the intermediate points.

Should I disable the tool to do this or are you able to do it with the bezier still active?

[Sanaloria]Snake
02-22-2006, 12:16 PM
Hi,

The only things you can move are the blue circles, to control the shape of your Bezier spline. If you click in the circles that's ok, but if you click aside it will create an other point, as you said.

I guess there is no way to move each vertex individually inside of the bezier curve, this is due to the nature of your curve. This curve has 4 parameters : 2 ends, and 2 control points which are actually the tangents vectors at the ends. The picture below shows the 4 points you can modify : A, A', B and B'. Of course, you can modify the weight of each point, thought I never tried to do it I know this is possible (at least for Nurbs modeling).

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/jcmerlin/Sanaloria/UsineAGaz/jademcquade/BezierSpline.GIF

If you were able to modify the inner points, you would not be using a bezier spline :)

Sorry to disappoint you :shrug: if you want to have more control, use splines, or just modify the bezier spline with tools like drag, magnet, ... when the curve is freezed.

Bye
Snake

jademcquade
02-22-2006, 02:32 PM
thanks snake that explanation has helped me a lot. it may have been a dumb question but iv never used a bezier spline before.

thanks.

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 02:32 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.