PDA

View Full Version : Problem----Projection Master

mansoor
02-22-2006, 08:02 AM
Hello guys,

I have a problem with projection master and cann't seem to figure it out.
I am creating a 4K Texture and using "DROP NOW". the function works but when I use "PICK" function my Zbrush either just freeze or it just shuts off.

Is it because of the texture size or something else????

Please help.

Thanks

eblondin
02-22-2006, 08:12 AM
Sounds like your system cant handle what you are trying to do.

What are you system specs?

How many polys are you working with?

What are your zbrush memory preferences?

mansoor
02-22-2006, 08:34 AM
Hi Eblondin

thanks for your reply

At the moment I am using;

AMD Athlon 2600+
2.08 GHz 448 Ram

Is it enough to do the job.

and zbrush mem pref is 1024 . Should I increase this to max or get a new system hehe(money money).
Poly count is 650
thanks

eblondin
02-22-2006, 02:56 PM
You only have 448 Mbs of ram? First of all I am not even sure how or if that is possible.

Secondly, If you do only have 448 MBs of ram then your mem preferences in zbrush should be set at 256 or so, not 1024. This is very important.

Thirdly what happens when you try what your doing with a 1024 or a 2048 texture size.

It very well could be that your system just canít handle it.

mansoor
02-23-2006, 06:23 AM
Hi eblodin,

firstly thanks for your reply.

actually the problem is that when i increase the texture size to fit my object.

I am trying to texture a head modeled in maya and exported. the poly count is 7400.
when i import it in zbrush i get a message saying that certain number of quad and tri will be converted (if it helps).

you're right the mem pref in zbrush doesn't have to be changed to mex.
i think i am doing something wrong here. would you please tell me your work flow to import an obj file in zbrush and then set it up for texturing.

p.s. it seems i'll have to increase the system mem. i guess

DorisDay
02-23-2006, 07:27 AM
You seem to be doing everything right...

Import model > Create texture > PM drop > PM pick up

So I guess it is simply system specs, ZB uses memory more than anything & 2Gb would be recommended, with 1Gb as a minimum IMHO. The CPU would also struggle with that size texture too though.

Does it work OK if you half the texture size???

mansoor
02-25-2006, 07:56 AM
Hi Buckie,

thanks for your help. but i want to expain more a bit.

how come 4k texture works for the body of my mesh when imported in zbrush but gives problem when i import the head and use the PM to texture it. I hasve tried saving it as a tool(ZTL) and then load it(if it matters). body has more poly count than the head.

One other thing. when I import the head I get a message that the mesh contains nonstandard polys and will be converted. but when i draw it there are HOLES in it.

I have recently started using ZB and still learning. My basic objective is to use it for merely texturing.

thank you again.

CGTalk Moderation
02-25-2006, 07:56 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.