PDA

View Full Version : Messiah/cinema4D

ossosso
02-21-2006, 11:04 PM
Hi friends! here's my first animation realized in messiah and connected to Cinema4D (9.5, the old plugin seems work perfectly here rather the 9.0) for rendering,materials,lighting and camera.

www.ossosso.altervista.org/Bipbip.avi

I've posted my little works 'cause I'd like your opinion... but not about it. Follow me:

I've just read the post called "Why should I use Messiah"... I've found it interesting because all I need it's to obtain animations similar to that just posted (maybe more worked): model a character, rig him, create a set, lighting, cameras... when I began (just 6 months ago) all I need was tools and documentation, I've tried 3ds... Maya... Softimage... and finally in Cinema I've found that "semplicity" that move towards my really necessity, yes...
I know that it's really subjective, but something I've realised, also if full of mistakes :) and this "something" stimolate me to go on with this kind of tools... now... I'm really sorry for my english but... I'm not english :) and it's a bit difficult to explain myself...
Ultimatley... what I'd like to know it's about your experiences, which softwares, which documentation, which tools made possible your animations (people who created "The Pelennor War" in the Lord of rings can't answer :P), I'm not asking what's the best software for animation, but to help me to improve myself.

Thank you very much!

:D byeZ!

stooch
02-21-2006, 11:12 PM
hmm i seem to be unable to find the file? it just opens up a page and nothing happens???

stooch
02-21-2006, 11:15 PM
never mind, just had to right click and then save as.

i think the concept worked pretty well. although there needs to be a bit more refinement to the walk cycle of the coyote. more leg articulation rather then pelvis bounce.

as far as animation workflow. this question can only be answered by yourself. its not the program its the artist. so whatever you are most comfortable using, is what will help your produce your best work.

pzanna
02-21-2006, 11:44 PM
The approach that I took (which is maybe the wrong one!) was to find the tools that would do the job, then learn how to use them. As the one who posted "Why should I us Messiah?" you can see that I'm still looking, because of the feature overlap of different tools. As someone who wants to become a professional animator one day I really like to see articles like the Underworld one on the ZBrush site that describes why and how a tool was used so at least I know what is possible. Now I understand that there is no one tool that does everthing, but alot of new starters like myself need some direction - we can't buy and learn every app before becoming productive......

I guess at the end of the day I want to be able to grow as a 3D artist by pratice and hard work, and not be held back because I picked the wrong tools.

soccerrprp
02-22-2006, 03:01 AM
Pzanna,

You have the right attitude!

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 03:01 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.