PDA

View Full Version : Help! I don't know what happened to my joints

Marty Martio
02-21-2006, 08:45 PM
Please help. Joint orient really driving me crazy. my right hand's FK arm and wrist keep flipping when I rotate my right shoulder. when you compare the rotation on both side shoulder arrow and the Wrist_Lock attribute on both hands' palm then you guys will know what I am talking about. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? Thanks in advance.

Goon
02-22-2006, 04:59 AM
Your R_shoulderCon doesn't have the switch set up for its orient constraint, so both inputs are coming in at weight of 1.

Marty Martio
02-22-2006, 08:16 AM
Thanks Goon. Actually I forgot to do the set drivenkey on the R_shoulderCon. But the problem I have was the switching of the freeRot attribute on R_shoulder and WristLock attribute of R_palmCTRL. Instead of rotating in the closest angle, the shoulder joint and the wrist joint flip the other way round when switching. How do I fix that?

Goon
02-22-2006, 08:28 AM
I'm a big fan of changing the interpType on the constraint to "shortest". Cache might also work well, though I haven't tried that. shortest occasionaly has issues, but usually works well.

Marty Martio
02-22-2006, 08:22 PM
Thanks Goon. Issue fixed! you are a genius!

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 08:22 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.