PDA

View Full Version : A few Questions About Xsi

EternalArt
02-21-2006, 05:04 PM
Hi Xsi Peoples ....

I have been Working on Xsi for two years ... and after this time I have a couple of
questions about it ,

it doesn't matter if i don't find a solution ... Cuz for me XSI is Still Rocky and my

favorite package ,

but if i find , that will give me more efficiency :

1- How can i change the material type (for example:from phong to lambert) without
losing my render tree (Texture or bump).

2- How can i Select more than one Cluster from ( MCP > Cluster Menu )by selecting
the first and last cluster (like in explorer using shift) .

3- How can i Brush hair without overlaping with the mesh (I tried [set obestract] but i

want a better and faster way).

4- Is there a way to use symmetry in Texture Editor when i use ( M ) key .

CiaranM
02-21-2006, 05:45 PM
1) With your render tree open, press the nodes menu and look under "illumination". There you will find lots of different shading methods. Choose the one you want and it will land in your render tree. Now, replace your lambert by plugging the new shader into all the ports that the lambert was plugged into. et voila!:thumbsup:

Waz
02-21-2006, 05:53 PM
Click on Node -> Illumination -> and pick a Phong, Lambert or whatever. Unplug the old one and plug the new one in.
You canít. But did you know you can middle mouse button click on a cluster to select it while you are editing the mesh?

Not that I know of, but if your mesh is symmetrical delete the one side, edit the UVís and re-mirror it.

EternalArt
02-21-2006, 06:16 PM
Hey CiaranM (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=160296) ..

I don't want to replug the new shader .. i want to change it without re plug all node like maya

Hey Waz (http://forums.cgsociety.org/member.php?u=34723) about Questions number 2

I see that in video tutorial .. but he didn't explain how
thank you anyway .. but that not what i want ... /

tarkovsky
02-21-2006, 10:37 PM
I very much agree: the repluggin' is really awkward. Hope there is a good soultion to this...

hr3d
02-22-2006, 11:26 AM
hi,

1. drag and drop the material from the browser (5) onto the respective node in the render tree. all connections should be retained.

cheers

EternalArt
02-23-2006, 01:36 PM
Thank you man .. that is

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2006, 01:36 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.