PDA

View Full Version : problems with joint hierarchy

MichaelMaehring
02-21-2006, 12:27 PM
Hi,

I have a problem with cleaning up my joint hierarchy; I added a screenshot of the Hypergraph; I have transform nodes in my joint hierarchy which I would like to remove as they get me additional local rotation axes I donīt need;
I really donīt get the point in this even if I consider myself not beeing a totally newby in maya

maybe anybody can help me with this?

cheers m°

isoparmB
02-22-2006, 07:58 AM
Maya adds in transform nodes between a parented joint and a destination joint when it sees that the two joints has different transforms. It does this to preserve the transform information of the parented joint.

You could try freezing the transforms of the group of the joint you want to parent, then reparent that joint to your intended parent, then re-orient the child joint ( as freeze transforms will ruin revious orientations.).

MichaelMaehring
02-22-2006, 10:42 AM
Maya adds in transform nodes between a parented joint and a destination joint when it sees that the two joints has different transforms. It does this to preserve the transform information of the parented joint.

You could try freezing the transforms of the group of the joint you want to parent, then reparent that joint to your intended parent, then re-orient the child joint ( as freeze transforms will ruin revious orientations.).

Thanks for your advice - I also found out a way to get rid of that problem: I just selected the transform node (and not the children!) in the Hypergraph and ungrouped it which caused the transform node to disappear and the joint hierarchy to be clean;

cheers

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 10:42 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.