there you have the original film footage and the final compo

made it in LW

Critics are welcome!!!
:thumbsup: :thumbsdow

http://www.iespana.es/jj3d/CompoFinalCompare.jpg

RockinAkin
12-12-2002, 09:44 AM
Wow, that looks incredible.

That blood red water in the second pic seems a bit strange to me, but it's not that big of a deal.

I'd love to see a clip if thats possible.

Good Job,
-DivideByZero-

noorlander
12-12-2002, 01:34 PM
I liked what you did with the sky, looking really great... do you hav a small animation of it?

E.Z. Schwartz
12-12-2002, 02:11 PM
That's really good. I like all of it but the twister itself. It doesn't look like a funnel of wind, it looks like a model with a twister texture. Other than that it looks real good, I love the debris and all that.

Ezra

Pest
12-12-2002, 06:02 PM
I really like this, but I gotta agree on the twister looking not quite as good as the rest of this image. Could be because it is a still and we should see it moving.

What bugs me about the twister is that it looks too solid. Indeed like actual geometry with texturing. I would imagine a twister (never saw one for real except footage) to be a cone of wind with various layers of debris/dust. The outer layers would be more transparant ofcourse.

Animation wise this would also be more realistic: the outerlayers rotating slower that the core of the twister.

Anyway little can be said without seeing actual footage :)

HapZungLam
12-13-2002, 12:57 AM
yap, the bloody water looks scary.

The tonado should make it more blurry. It is too solid shaped right now.

facial
12-13-2002, 04:20 AM
Cool works, really nice, any animation clip. I want to see more. :applause: :applause:
Well, I just find the water from the second pic, if the color of it out of the color key? :)

JJ3d
12-13-2002, 09:23 PM
Hey! thx all for the posts!

yes.. u are right.. the tornado looks too solid.. in motion it looks a little better, I made it using Hyper Voxels

I made the animation ( all in diferent layers, water, tornado, rain, dust, ) and this is a composition made it in Photoshop, yes.. only a frame..

the final animation was composed by other people.., and the results.. well... :rolleyes: you know..

also I'll post some tests of the tornado in motion, I'm tryng to find host for animations

ohh.. the water..., it's red because.. that is a place where the cows are killed..

cheers!!

Philipe
12-13-2002, 09:51 PM
Iá! Sinistro, cara!
Que filme é esse? E onde isso está sendo produzido?
Muito meniro o trabalho... aliás quero dizer que aprendi mais uma vendo seu trabalho... O tratamento nas tonalidades do céu fizeram uma enorme diferença dramática...
eu tô fazendo um filme também e tava complicado fazer a tempestade em 3d... Eu vou aproveitar a idéia e fazer como você fez. Filmo um céu em movimento acelerado e depois faço os ajustes de gama e saturação para converter em uma tempestade horrível.
Cara, maravilha... Continue com o bom trabalho.
Philipe

odin
12-14-2002, 03:24 PM
<snip>

<watch the tone of your critique>

ThirdEye
12-14-2002, 03:56 PM
Why people have to be so harsh and silly? :rolleyes: It's really a good work JJ;)

Lukashi
12-14-2002, 06:30 PM
I think people like odin should just be barred off cgtalk =p, and yah looks cool, i agree that the water is a bit odd, and that that the tornado sould be more blurry

DanielJ
12-14-2002, 06:30 PM
wow. it's really, really gr8 job.

Nlafakis
12-14-2002, 08:35 PM
I like the look that's going on here. The problem with the tornado is that its too opaque. If you bring down the opacity, it will take away some of the highlights on the right of it. That's what seperates it from the image. The twister itself is surrounded by darker colors, but has this highlight on the side of it that seperates it a little too much.

Also, watch the lighting on the underneath of that wooden "thing." You shouldn't be able to see that much detail on the bottom of that. If the light is from overhead, that peice should be a bit more shadowed.

Course this is just opinion, don't take it too personal.

Lookse great otherwise, love the sky :applause:

j00st81
12-14-2002, 08:53 PM
can't see the image?

JJ3d
12-14-2002, 08:58 PM
Yeap..
I'm trying to fix the broken link.. sorry..

JJ3d
12-14-2002, 09:37 PM
the image is up again.. sorry about that problem..

Shin_Iori!
Good Points..!
thx a lot..

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.