PDA

View Full Version : New Reel

Animator305
02-20-2006, 09:59 PM
hey everyone , my newly edited reel is online at my website . www.julianpalacios.com . any critiques or advice are really appreciated . Thanks dudes !

ivanisavich
02-20-2006, 11:19 PM
Hey man,

This just might be my own (potentially wrong) opinion, but motion capture clips should NEVER go on a character animation reel. No matter how much clean-up you did etc......they don't show that you understand weight, timing, etc etc. Yea they might show off a bit of facial animation, but that's still not character animation reel material in my opinion :)

zinks
02-21-2006, 03:47 AM
i think this is a good reel to show a wide variety of animator talents in a very compact format... i can see your point ivanisavich too... character animator does seem to be a more artistic and freehand sorta thing but i guess it really comes down to what type of jobs this will be applied to... there is alot of mocap in the industry and it does pay... i think the real issue is how do u sum up the position that this reel best fits... again i think the quality of character animation and mocap clean up is very good on this reel... but im not really an animator as such and the jobs i look at tipically involve modeling... so im not 100 percent sure what the industry is looking for but this definently shows a wide variety of skills in a package that is very accesable

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 03:47 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.