PDA

View Full Version : Update on Spiderman's Walk

animationhed
02-20-2006, 09:48 PM
This is my latest update up for review. I post it on a new thread as to get more crits.

Thanks in advance for doing so.

http://d7.yousendit.com/D/3LMYVPHAMZ0810FDTWZG2FD5RN/sample_walk.mov

-animationhed

Foxxy Lady
02-20-2006, 11:18 PM
Hey,
Your walk looks really forced. it looks like the head is popping back. I would recommend trying to do it from reference. There is some great walk cycle references at www.pom.tv (http://www.pom.tv) they have cartoony walks and realistic ones and lots of others. i used their dvds as reference for the work on my demo and i got hired right away. The trick is to make the over all walk really natural looking and then spice it up with all the little details like how the fingers curl slightly and stuff. but it's important to get the weight and arcs right first. Try people watching to get an idea of the feel you want you walk to have. Hope this helps.~Tammy

dalmanna
02-21-2006, 12:04 AM
what the lady said :thumbsup: , and don't rush it. just get some basic reference like adam and i said in your other thread. take your time and study the arcs of the motion, you'll learn a lot about weight just from watching some real people walk. adam already gave you some good pointers so there's not much i can say at the moment. definately better to crit though so keep on it it is getting better:buttrock:

animationhed
02-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Thanks you guys.

Crits taken!

Will continue to work on it, of course.

Tammy, thanks for the tip on the website. I'll be checking it out when I am done posting here.

Talk to you again.

-animationhed

SeanC
02-21-2006, 02:09 AM
nice start but just keep tweaking it off of references,like the other posters said..
but might i add, you need more roll of the toes, as of right now it seems like he is walking with high heels on or something, his feet are very stiff..

looking forward to seeing the updates =)

animationhed
02-21-2006, 04:08 AM
Thanks for posting Sean...seems like I always have that issue. You think they are stiff now, you should have seen them earlier (of which I did not post)!:D

Thanks for that though. I thought I had it, but it's always good to have someone else see it, as you are always looking at you own.

-animationhed

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 04:08 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.