PDA

View Full Version : WIP: Updated image...

halfworld
02-20-2006, 06:26 PM
Hello!

Last time I showed this there was a massive car park containing a badly modelled Merc and a heck of a lot of concrete. Well, being the greeney that I am (and also following orders), the carpark has been turned into a Zen (ish) rock garden.

Check it, recommendations welcome, but I wont be able to spend much more time on this project.

http://homepage.mac.com/cake_or_death/zen.htm

!!
Ian

Vizfizz
02-20-2006, 06:55 PM
Much better

harryb
02-20-2006, 08:32 PM
Hi Ian,

The image looks very good! The patterning on the grass and the textures for the rocks are both very convincing! The even lighting on the overall scene is good too but the lighting on the people and their shadows don't look in sync with the rest of the image.

Overall, I think it's a very good image! :thumbsup:

halfworld
02-20-2006, 10:24 PM
I'll leap to my own defence here and say that someone else put the people on, this is a really old project that I am just updating (re-lighting, texturing, gardening etc...). The people and the tree are the only original things I kept from the Photoshop file :)
You have now prompted me to do something about them though (the ladies upstairs especially)!

And thanks! With the rocks I wanted the C3 feel without C3 ;)
(I am of course referring to this: http://www.konkeptoine.com/2C3/img/rockC3-3.jpg )

Ian

AzOne
02-21-2006, 01:37 AM
Hi Ian,
Just curious, were those rocks (in your Zen garden) created from Ubershape or were they made somewhere else?

Thanks.

halfworld
02-21-2006, 07:48 AM
Those be übers.

On all the rocks but the one in the foreground the smoothness is set to 0.7 and the detail factor to 5, the one in the foreground is set to 0.8 smoothness and detail factor 6.

Ahhh, Übershape does make life easier :)
Ian

Giacomo_M
02-21-2006, 05:55 PM
Ian--

Great job. The new version looks about a thousand times more appealing as a place to live!

Also--thanks for bringing the "rock" ubershape to my attention. I had no idea it even existed. I suspect I will be using it a LOT.

GM

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 05:55 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.