PDA

View Full Version : picture as vector

zoc
02-20-2006, 03:10 PM
hi guys,
I've put some pictures in a composition. All the picture are very large. I resize it.
What i need is that when i zoom in this composition i want the picture don't loose the quality, like vector. Is it possible?
thanks!

m|3
02-20-2006, 04:51 PM
If your pictures are Illustrator/Vector files, then you need to turn on continous rasterization to maintain quality during a zoom.

If you pictures are bitmap (.psd. .jpg and so on) then one option is to:

-- first resize the images back to 100%

-- Trigger them into 3D layers

-- Move them back along the "Z" axis (to scale them down).

-- Add a camera, then dolly the camera (or zoom) in closer to the pics.

*NOTE: when your images are close enough to the camera to where they are back to "100%", you will lose quality the closer they get.

zoc
02-20-2006, 05:25 PM
yes thanks...
but when i scale down an immage and after i rescale up i loose quality?

m|3
02-20-2006, 07:16 PM
If you're in the same comp, and you scale and image down and then back up (as long as it's not past 100%) you won't lose quality.

If you scale an image down in one comp...nest the comp... and in the new comp scale the image up, then yes there may be some visible quality loss.

zoc
02-20-2006, 10:35 PM
I try and you're wright...
A comp in a comp if resized loose a little bit of quality, but doesn't seem to be interpolated.
Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2006, 10:35 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.