PDA

View Full Version : dynamic skin simulation using maya cloth..

EyeForComplexity
02-20-2006, 09:27 AM
would it be a good idea to use the maya cloth to simulate skin over the top of muscle influnce objects. since other deformers dont slide over anything.

EyeForComplexity
02-20-2006, 10:26 AM
And also how could i make influnce objects maintain volume?

dalmanna
03-01-2006, 09:16 PM
And also how could i make influnce objects maintain volume?

could blend shape them and then stick the blend shape on a set driven key.

as for cloth as skin i think that would look pretty bad. check out muscle tk from the cg toolkit that does everything you want and it's pretty cheap.

john_homer
03-02-2006, 12:01 AM
I have seen it done.. i was surprised at how good the result was (because its such a crazy idea) but it was still not good enough. I would certainly never suggest doing it..

like dalmanna said, there are plugins.. and they are cheep.. the other one is
http://www.comet-cartoons.com/

.j

nottoshabi
03-02-2006, 01:52 AM
If you want to go the poor man way try softbodies. But any strong or fast movemnts will throw your skin everywere. So you have to use springs. Now to set that up its not a eassy task. It works but you will need a pretty fast comp to calculate all of that info and if your character is heavy well, then good luck. I sugest going the plug in way its less of a head ache and it works.

CGTalk Moderation
03-02-2006, 01:52 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.