PDA

View Full Version : MentalRay -rd command not working

tcomputerchip
02-20-2006, 05:12 AM
I am having problems with MentalRay rendering the images to there proper folders in the "images" folder, the should render to "images/FRONT" and "images/BACK" folders then with there proper layers.

Both Lines render to the same folder "images" and the "-rd" option seems to not be working with the "Render" command. When I used "maya -batch" with the maya software render it worked fine. Now I am pipeing things into mentalray and things seem to have broke.

Any suggestions would be very helpful, thanks in advance.

This is the render.sh script,

renderprog=/Applications/Alias/maya7.0/Maya.app/Contents/bin/Render
proj_dir=/Volumes/EDITING_02/work_extra/vinny/vfx_shot_2_1_1/maya/
infile=bottlecap_animation.ma
s_frame=24
e_frame=24
rendertype=mr ## mr, hw, sw, vr
debug=3
#-v int Set the verbosity level.
#0 for fatal errors only
#1 for all errors
#2 for warnings
#3 for progress report
#4 for informational messages
#5 for debugging messages
#6 for detailed messages
echo .................................................
echo " Render Type : $rendertype"
echo " Project : $proj_dir"
echo " Scene : $infile"
echo "Start @frame : $s_frame"
echo " End @frame : $e_frame"
echo " User : $USER"
echo " Debug Level : $debug"
echo ................... RUNNING SCRIPT ..............

#RENDER BACK WITH OCCLUSTION, AMBIENT, SPEC, DIFFUSE
$renderprog -r $rendertype -proj $proj_dir -cam SHOT_CAM -s $s_frame -e $e_frame -v $debug -rl true -rd $proj_dir/images/FRONT $infile

#RENDER BACK WITH OCCLUSTION, AMBIENT, SPEC, DIFFUSE
$renderprog -r $rendertype -proj $proj_dir -cam REV_SHOT_CAM -s $s_frame -e $e_frame -v $debug -rl true -rd $proj_dir/images/BACK $infile

tcomputerchip
02-20-2006, 05:22 AM
$myrender -r mr -proj /Volumes/EDITING_02/work_extra/vinny/vfx_shot_2_1_1/maya/ -cam SHOT_CAM -s 24 -e 24 -rl true -rd /Volumes/EDITING_02/work_extra/vinny/vfx_shot_2_1_1/maya/images/FRONT bottlecap_animation.ma

This is the manual command I have been using, and it still does not output the files to the proper folder, the Render Directory is still images directory.

tcomputerchip
02-20-2006, 08:02 AM
It seems that the "-rd" does not work properly with the Render Layer option enabled.

If you notice the "-im" option I have created the Directories and Filenames needed through the "-im" option, I prefer this option as it gives me more control over the filename and path.

It seems that the "-im" is relative to images folder if there is no "/" at the front of the path given, if there is a "/" before the path location (e.g. -im /OUTFOLDER/FILENAME.0001.iff) this would be absolute, so there should be a foder at the top of your drive or the "root" drive "/" then OUTFOLDER, with no slash, its relative to your project path.

I thought my results maybe useful for other trying to network render, this is for OSX, but can be modified for Linux/IRIX/Windows.

THE WORKING SCRIPT ... WELL ON MY MACHINE .... :)

renderprog=/Applications/Alias/maya7.0/Maya.app/Contents/bin/Render
proj_dir=/Volumes/EDITING_02/work_extra/vinny/vfx_shot_2_1_1/maya
infile=bottlecap_animation.ma
s_frame=24
e_frame=24
rendertype=mr ## mr, hw, sw, vr
debug=3
#-v int Set the verbosity level.
#0 for fatal errors only
#1 for all errors
#2 for warnings
#3 for progress report
#4 for informational messages
#5 for debugging messages
#6 for detailed messages
echo .................................................
echo " Render Type : $rendertype"
echo " Project : $proj_dir"
echo " Scene : $infile"
echo "Start @frame : $s_frame"
echo " End @frame : $e_frame"
echo " User : $USER"
echo " Debug Level : $debug"
echo ................... RUNNING SCRIPT ..............

$renderprog -r $rendertype -proj $proj_dir -cam SHOT_CAM -s $s_frame -e $e_frame -v $debug -rl true -im FRONT/%/lFRONT_%l%.4n%.e $infile

$renderprog -r $rendertype -proj $proj_dir -cam REV_SHOT_CAM -s $s_frame -e $e_frame -v $debug -rl true -im BACK/%/lBACK_%l%.4n%.e $infile

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2006, 08:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.