PDA

View Full Version : Camera 0.9 and 1.0 difference

Varinder
02-20-2006, 02:08 AM
There is footage I'm trying to matchmove with my cg element and the background plate is set to 720x480 - aspect ratio 0.9. When i put in my model into the scene with the background plate and render it out, my model seems all 'squashed' down. When i change the aspect ratio to 1.0 in the 'camera properties'. My model goes back to it's normal shape. Why does this happen?

I'm sure there's a simple solution to this matter, which i'm trying to figure out as we speak. But, if anyone knows how to fix this. That would be greatly appreciated. thanks!

Cheers.

BAROBA
02-20-2006, 09:21 AM
Aspect ratio 1.0 means that lightwave uses square pixels, like on your monitor.
But with 0.9 the pixels are smaller in lightwave then on your monitor, so lightwave squaches them.

Varinder
02-20-2006, 09:53 PM
Hey, thanks for the reply. I actually knew the actual difference between the two aspect ratios. I just didnt ask the right question, like an idiot, sorry.

Now, if my background plate is 0.9 and my cg element is 1.0. Will this effect the 'matchmove' or the final 'look' in the end? From what i've tested so far, it hasn't effected anything and looks...right.

So, is this how i would work in LW with my cg elements, by rendering them out with there pixel aspect ratio set to 1:1? And than composite that on top of the 0.9 background plate? Does that sound right?

I'm trying to make sure I do all this work correctly.

Niklas Collin
02-21-2006, 09:11 AM
If your footage is in aspect ratio 0.9 then I'd do my renders in that aspect ratio too. This way you won't end up in proportion problems and tracking should go without problems.

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 09:11 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.