PDA

View Full Version : Time to go, Dear...

vincent1
02-20-2006, 12:37 AM
Finally have some time to revisit my Photoshop painting, no painter involved.

c&c welcomed. Thanks.

"Angel of mercy, angel delight,
Give me my reward in heaven tonight,
if I give up my soul, give up my right,
sweet angel of mercy..."

- Dire Straits

oogieboogietoogie
02-20-2006, 12:50 AM
I'd love to hear the story behind this painting :)

Composition-wise, it seems to me that the upper body is a bit leaning towards her right. For example, if you brought a ruler up to her shoulders, it would tip to your left a little.

I like the colors as well ^__^

vincent1
02-23-2006, 02:41 AM
Another stage closer to finished.

ndstill
02-23-2006, 02:48 AM
I really like the figure, but the breasts and the legs dont quite seem to merge with the figure. i am having issues of my own with figure drawing, but i think maybe if the legs matched the hue of the arms, it would work a little better. also maybe put the feet in. Boots?

vincent1
02-23-2006, 03:02 AM
Thank you for the comments.

This picture is a general social commentary on men's fixation on certain parts of the female's anatomy, hence, the way the bust and legs and torso do not match and conflict against each other. The gun, ghostly back images and later, soft indistinct wings add the gaming and fantasy genre fixations to the picture. Feet were intentionally left out to heighten the oddness of the whole composition.

I'm glad you felt and saw some of these oddities.:)

CGTalk Moderation
02-23-2006, 03:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.