PDA

View Full Version : Truth

3dcga
02-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Here's another clip I have been working on. I am having some problems with my facial morphs, so I couldn't finalize the lipsync. Please lemme know what you guys think of my progress so far. Dont hesitate to bombard me! http://cgchar.toonstruck.com/forum/Smileys/default/cheesy.gif

http://www.aminator.net/Animation/TruthWIP3.mov

Thanks!

P.S - The character that makes you feel "disturbed" is a little something I'm working on currently. Expect to see a LOT more of him in the future :p

HenryGSanchez
02-20-2006, 01:16 AM
I dont think you should be finalizing the facial animation or any of the animation for that matter. I think you have to replan your poses better. Record yourself acting it out, see what you can come up with.

3dcga
02-20-2006, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the critique! I did act out the scene myself and also did some thumbnailing of the poses. I dont know where I am going wrong, could you elaborate? Are my poses not able to be read clearly? Any suggestion of alternate poses?

porkchopexpress
02-22-2006, 06:55 PM
I think that the sitting character is working fairly well for you. The fact that the chair gets knocked over is a nice touch. Maybe it would work better if the standing character would get progressively more aggesive in its posture. What you have now, the standing character switches from fairly relaxed to very aggressive almost instantaneously. The dialogue is building in tension so maybe the character should as well.

some_canadian_kid
02-22-2006, 07:26 PM
This is an intense moment between the two characters, i feel it from the chair guy but the brown guy just aint acting it. He randomly scratches himself, which kinda throws me off, he's in the middle of a argument and he's just chilling takin some time out to scratch. A good intense pose like him leant in on the table very close to chair guys face, or facing away from chair guy, and flip around as he says "i think im intittled". Generally the characters bob around a little to much as they talk, "you want answers" looks really good but when buddy slams his fist down it seems wierd for chair guy to be scared by it and move back like he does, and when the fist comes down I would his pose and minimize the moving hold so he looks alive but not bobbing around.

-maybe tilt the head side ways on "you want anserws?"

good start mang'

3dcga
02-23-2006, 04:46 AM
Really appreciate the feedback guys! :D
You guys brought up legit points there. I also realized that my animation is stiff overall. Im gonna go through this animation one more time to refine and redefine some timing and poses. Will update as I work on it. :)

3dcga
02-26-2006, 02:34 AM
I think its done...almost! :p

http://www.aminator.net/Animation/Truth.mov

Let me know if there's anything with it! Thanks!

KBCamino
02-26-2006, 06:08 PM
its looking better. To kind-of elaborate on what others have said, the Jack character in the chair is working better than the Tom character standing. I would say figure out where you want to go with this scene, right now you have to sort of conflicting styles. Jack is fairly rigid and serious, while Tom is over the top-ish. If you are try to acheive more of a comic take on the scene, push it in that direction, if you want it to be more serious, push it in that direction. If you want it to be both, then you got to get your characters working off of one-another better. I would not recomend trying to combine over-the-top and serious, the two styles are so far appart that it is very difficult to slap them together ontop of one another and still get them to work off of one another. The Tom character's over the top style is shown mostly in, as has been mentioned, the crotch scratch early on, and the MASSIVE body anticipation and follow through of the fist slam. Both are excellent elements to use, if you want the scene to be a humorous and over the top interpretaion of a serious dialogue. If that is you aim, change Jack's character. Have him follow similar lines and over exagerated motions, mabey have him point. If you want a more serious tone, then loose the crotch scratch and the exageration of the fist slam. Subtlety and rigidity are key to acting out intense angry scenes. In my opinion this scene lends itself more to the serious, but that might be because I have set in my mind the mental images of Jack and Tom's excellent preformance of this scene. Looks like you have been working hard on it and given it some thought, I would say just focus in on what you want to achieve and push it. Keep up the good work!

3dcga
02-27-2006, 02:17 AM
Very useful tips there! Thanks! I will definitely take note of those and see what I can do with this clip :)

3dcga
03-03-2006, 06:27 AM
Here it is...almost done! Need you guys to critique before I post in the finished section :)

http://www.aminator.net/Animation/Truth.mov (http://www.aminator.net/Animation/Truth.mov)

Thanks!

CGTalk Moderation
03-03-2006, 06:27 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.