PDA

View Full Version : short animation: "meal"

elhuppi
12-11-2002, 11:29 PM
Hi Guys!
I have made a little funny (hope so) animation quite a while ago and I just wanted to share it. Thereīs no musik or sound to it, sorry about that. It was only a three days project but nevertheless it would be great to get some feedback on it:

http://www.hugh-p-rich.com/movies/mahlzeit_comp.avi

Thanx

Alex

ManuelM
12-11-2002, 11:35 PM
veeeeeeeeery nice alex.

you are really talented. I hope, we will meet some day and I can learn from you ;-)

FusionDG
12-12-2002, 12:01 AM
Like the story. I watched the ending five times just to catch the look on that poor frogs face.

So far so good:thumbsup:

stephen2002
12-12-2002, 12:34 AM
that is funny. Although, dumb frog to try and grab a gigantic fish.

colt
12-12-2002, 10:36 AM
:beer: Funny, really cool.

Nice timing and really good expressions on his face.

But please, this needs some sounds. That would increase the atmosphere a lot.

elhuppi
12-12-2002, 03:55 PM
Thanx guys for the nice comments.

@colt:
youīre right! Iīll try to get some sound on it as soon as possible.
When done I can post a short reply, so you can watch the updated version on my page.

I would be pleased to hear something about what you people didnīt like at all on the short.

what could be better done or other crits.

Thanks so far.

Alex

dobermunk
12-12-2002, 09:50 PM
Nice! I think the pause moment is too long, or - better- not on track. It doesn't build up to the fish moment.

i.e.
- the first fly is track carefully.
- the fish is snapped automatically without looking

A second fly that supports his mastery / boredom might help that final fish moment - he snaps at the second fly automatically.

I like the playdo kind of world, btw.

tubby
12-12-2002, 11:02 PM
ahah, that's great! i love everything except the pause between the two actions. I agree with dobermunk's suggestions, those are good ideas. But it is a great piece, keep it up!:thumbsup:

elhuppi
12-13-2002, 02:08 PM
Great ideas. I really wish I could take that animation and realize your suggestions. Unfortunately Iīm very busy with another project at the moment. But hey, I only can learn from such good critics. As everyone here Iīm trying to evolve.

But as I said above, Iīll definitely put sound on it.

Thank you guys for any comment

Alex

edaddy
12-13-2002, 07:27 PM
I would be pleased to hear something about what you people didnīt like at all on the short.

okay
well the surface of the water.. .it ripples but the lillypads don't move...AT ALL, even whenever the frog gets pulled in.. . the pad should go down with him, and then resurface shortly afterwards... and the lillypads seem way to thick... maybe some water droplets from the fish splash too.. ..

but the short is great, i love the idea - real smart - and good execution..

jelloshotsrule
12-13-2002, 10:17 PM
how does one achieve that type of texture movement like on the water?

quite cool looking.

elhuppi
12-13-2002, 10:30 PM
@edaddy:

Youīre absolutely right! Never thought about that. Mabe because itīs a stylised type of animation, but nevertheless would such things as you mentioned enrich the whole animation.

good point. thanks alot.

@jelloshotsrule:

hope I donīt destroy your illusions, but itīs only an animated fractal as bump texture. - good to see, that it seems to work.
Oh, and by the way the bigger waves at the end are just flat torus with the same shader on it.

Alex

CGTalk Moderation
01-14-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.