PDA

View Full Version : Freeze transform

Michael Chen
02-19-2006, 01:21 AM
Hi everyone

Does anyone know how to apply "Freeze transform to an object" via MaxScript.

I've search for previous threads. However it seems like you need to create a custom function in order to perform a Freeze Transform. I was wandering if there is a "built in function" in MaxScript that you can call to apply the Freeze Transform to a given object?

Thanks for reading.

regards,
Mike

Aearon
02-19-2006, 01:33 AM
max's freeze transforms is a macroscript, so you can take a look at it

for it within 'customize user interface', right click it and select 'edit macro script'

Michael Chen
02-19-2006, 02:26 AM
Hi Aearon

Thanks for the reply. I'll look into that.

regards,
Mike

JHaywood
02-19-2006, 03:21 PM
The script is called, "Macro_FreezeTransform.mcr", in the UI/Macroscripts folder.

Michael Chen
02-19-2006, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the reply JHaywood.

By the way I've figured it out. After you've selected one/more object(s) run this code
macros.run "Animation Tools" "FreezeTransform"

Aearon
02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
you can do it like that yes,

but it's definitely a good idea to look at what's inside the macroscript, it'll keep things much more flexible..

for example when you're just running that macro from within your own scripts, you always need to select stuff first (manually or using maxscript), this really isn't the optimum way of doing stuff though

in reply to your first post, you could write your own function to do this, just take the meat of the macroscript and wrap a function definition around it. that will allow you to run the script on a bunch of objects without having to select them first

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 11:34 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.