PDA

View Full Version : The Third Brigand

xavier-marquis
02-18-2006, 11:32 PM
Hello All,

A paint inspired by Tomi Ungerer and his book for children : the Three brigands (1979)
Done with painter

http://www.xavier-marquis.com/albums/userpics/10001/normal_the%20third%20brigand.jpg

ThePhotographer
02-19-2006, 12:12 AM
What a nice concept ! I love Tomi Ungerer and have read the greatest part of all his childrens' books - this one I have read about 50 times for my kids when they were about 3-4 years old.

He's a very, very interesting guy, but I guess you already know that :beer:

Not only in very modern childrens' stories (although they are already quite old), but I saw a very interesting documentary about him once. How he makes sculptures out of old stuff and things found on the beach. He also speaks at least 4 languages without accent. My dream is to go to Ireland where he's supposed to live now - unless he died in the meantime without my knowing ? - and see him with my kids.

DanVL
02-19-2006, 03:02 AM
Very interesting and spooky piece! I'm just wondering, is it final or still in progress? Very good work whatever it is ;)

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 03:02 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.