PDA

View Full Version : Xpresso | Help with alternate direction

tcastudios
02-18-2006, 08:54 PM
I tried to help out myself but failed...
We need to have a object move in two directions. Plus and Minus.
What we have is the sound of a basedrum. Each beat is a positive value and thus the
object moves in the positive direction. (That works fine)
What we would like to happen is that the object moves to a positive and negative direction
every second beat. That is, back and forth.

I thought that the FlipFlop, MonoFlop and Freeze xpresso nodes would be good but
I can't get it right :)

Any input and or ideas are very welcome.

My attempts so far includes trying to make a switch that switches between 0 and 1 each time the sound is Zero and the history of the object is either negative or positive.
...and there I got lost :)

Cheers
Lennart

Rantin Al
02-18-2006, 10:55 PM
Hi Lennart,

I don't know if this might be of any help. There are XPresso challenges running at 3DAttack. One challenge was splitting alternate particles to follow 2 splines.
You might be able to use the xp-splitter to your needs.
Check out Xpresso Challenge 6. (http://www.3dattack.net/forum/showthread.php?t=4155&highlight=Xpresso+Challenge) . Try Scola's solution.

HTH, Al.

Darter
02-19-2006, 02:25 AM
mdme_sadie's COFFEE node tutorial involves creating a counter node. You could easily modify this to increment for each drum beat, feed the output into a Modulo node set to 2, and feed its output into a Condition node containing the positive and negative values.

The tutorial is at http://www.peranders.com

howzit
02-19-2006, 06:05 AM
Hi Darter,
Are you refering to the C.O.F.F.E.E Node Primer tutorial?

Darter
02-19-2006, 06:24 AM
Yes, that's the one.

howzit
02-21-2006, 07:36 PM
is this tutorial geared for begginers to XPRESSO?
I did not get really far. I understand the principals, but i just cant put it all together to work for this...

Darter
02-22-2006, 08:09 AM
For me the tutorial was useful for extending the functionality of XPresso and a good introduction to COFFEE programming.

If you don't have any programming experience at all, it might be better to start with XPresso basics and take it from there.

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 08:09 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.