PDA

View Full Version : My FIRST 10 second animation....

Amrit-Derhgawen
02-18-2006, 04:03 PM
This is the link-------> http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=29046

I made this 10 second animation using Maya, based upon the 2001-11 sound file from the 10 second club . Actually this is my first lip-sync 10 second animation. Right now I'm practicing character animation using the previous sound files, so that I can do my best in the 10 second competitions. I hope you like it. Comments and suggestions are most welcome.

Amrit Derhgawen

dalmanna
02-18-2006, 07:11 PM
its coming along nicely, things that jumped out at me were.

his right arm (your left) stays still when he puts it down.

the arms need more of an arc motion they look kinda ik-ee when he puts them down, like they are stuck to their handles.

i think the hips arn't shifting their weight as he moves his hands (this should be subtle but not that subtle)

-otherwise keep it up, one thing i've learned when animating characters that might help is to get the motion of the body right before you ever touch the face. if it reads well without the face it'll only get better when you add the facial animation.

saying that, everyone works differently so thats up to you. :shrug:

looking forward to and update

tecsun
02-19-2006, 01:45 PM
hi, I found the character's left eyebrow looks strange at the beginning. The other is good. Keep it on!

Amrit-Derhgawen
02-19-2006, 03:03 PM
This is the link to the UPDATED animation------->
http://www.yourfilelink.com/get.php?fid=30124

Thanks for your comments dalmanna! I've updated the animation, so please check it out. Does it look better now? What else should I change or do here so to make the animation look more proffesional? ANYONE????

dalmanna
02-19-2006, 06:43 PM
his right hand still goes a bit stiff when he puts it down, i would give it more of a gesture and bring it in towards the body a bit. it looks like theres a force field stoping it touching his hips. so it shold definatly have more follow through.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 06:43 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.